Vestas is the energy industry’s global partner on sustainable energy solutions. We design, manufacture, install, and service onshore and offshore wind turbines across the globe, and with more than 151 GW of wind turbines in 86 countries, we have installed more wind power than anyone else. Through our industry-leading smart data capabilities and unparalleled more than 129 GW of wind turbines under service, we use data to interpret, forecast, and exploit wind resources and deliver best-in-class wind power solutions. Together with our customers, Vestas’ more than 29,000 employees are bringing the world sustainable energy solutions to power a bright future.
We are powering the energy transition globally, and are experiencing significant growth in Australia and New Zealand. There has never been a better time to consider moving to, or growing your career in the renewable energy industry. We are proud to share the following career opportunity with you, and look forward to receiving your application or enquiry.
About the Role
This role is for a suitably qualified and enthusiastic electrical technician to work in our service team. The successful applicant must hold a recognised Australian trade certificate.
The department is a small team environment based on site at Bald Hills Wind Farm. The technicians report to the site supervisor and are responsible for the upkeep and maintenance of the wind turbines in accordance with the contract. Support is provided by an administrator and a planner with KPIs given by the Area Service Manager.
- Ensure that the wind farm runs smoothly by proactively and reactively maintaining equipment
- Be responsible for the safe and effective operation and maintenance of wind farm equipment, including high voltage and low voltage systems
- Make safety and environmental protection your top priority by following strict work methods and procedures to ensure the safety of all personnel and the environment
- Work closely with colleagues to maintain a safe workplace by participating in safety, toolbox or other meetings as required
- Be responsible for keeping company vehicles in top condition, ensuring they are clean and well-maintained
- Comply with OH&S legislation, demonstrating a commitment to accident prevention and ensuring that all work is carried out safely and within relevant guidelines
- Familiarize yourself with the site and its operations by undertaking a comprehensive site induction
- Ensure that all requirements of the Service Maintenance Agreement are met to guarantee the smooth running of the wind farm
- Continuously learn and develop new skills to adapt to changing working conditions, such as new equipment and technologies Be willing to undertake any other duties within your competence, skill, qualifications, and experience, as directed, to support the successful operation of the wind farm
- A-Grade Electrical license
- Full clean driving license
- Other relevant, but not required qualifications include: GWO training, working at heights, safety, manual handling, HV/LV rescue, fire awareness, first aid.
- Literate with PC & modern technologies to support your day-to-day work
- Ability to read/interpret technical drawings to support fault-finding and/or maintenance activities
- Any knowledge of PLC and/or SCADA systems
- Motivation to learn new skills and thrive in a growing industry
- Understanding of safety principles, willing to adhere to and drive safety compliance company-wide
- Experience with HV/LV, hydraulics, and mechanical systems in a residential, commercial, and/or industrial environment
- Proficient in the use of various hand tools
- Strong communicational skills, ability to work in a small team
- Ability to work at heights in confined environments
What We Offer:
A professional safety culture
A consultative environment
The opportunity to further develop your skills and professional development
Global career progression prospects
All tools and training for the job
PPE, PC and Laptop
Site vehicles for shared use
Site specific allowances and overtime pay
Employee Assistance Program
Options for travel to explore other sites
- All potential employees will be subject to undertaking a full medical assessment to be considered for this role
- Please note: We do amend or withdraw our jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including before the advertised closing date
- Join the World's Leading Wind Energy Solutions Provider
- Excellent Career Development opportunities both Nationally and Globally
- A workplace that embraces Diversity and Inclusion
- Flexible workplace arrangements
- 13 weeks Paid Primary Carers Leave
- 3 weeks Paid Secondary Carers Leave
- Employee Assistance Program
Vestas is an equal opportunity employer. We are dedicated to attracting, retaining and developing our people. Applications are encouraged from all sectors of the community and we strongly encourage applications from those who identify as being Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander.
BEWARE – RECRUITMENT FRAUD
It has come to our attention that there are a number of fraudulent emails from people pretending to work for Vestas. Read more via this link, www.vestas.com/en/careers/job-openings
Vestas is the energy industry’s global partner on sustainable energy solutions. We specialize in designing, manufacturing, installing, and servicing wind turbines, both onshore and offshore.
Across the globe, we have installed more wind power than our competitors in the renewable energy arena. We consider ourselves forerunners within the industry, as Vestas continuously aims to design new solutions and technologies to create a more sustainable future for all of us. With more than 173 GW of wind power installed worldwide and 40+ years of experience in wind energy, Vestas has an unmatched history demonstrating our expertise within the field.
With 29,000 employees globally, Vestas is a diverse team united by a common goal: to power the solution – today, tomorrow, and far into the future.
Vestas promotes a diverse workforce which embraces all social identities and is free of any discrimination. We commit to create and sustain an environment that acknowledges and harvests different experiences, skills, and perspectives, and gives everyone equal access to opportunity.
To learn more about our company and life at Vestas, we invite you to visit our website at www.vestas.com and follow us on our social media channels. We also encourage you to join our Talent Universe to receive notifications on new and relevant postings.