As a technician on our team at Kennedy Energy Park, near Hughenden, you will be responsible for the upkeep and maintenance of our wind turbines in accordance with the contract. You'll receive support from an administrator and a planner, and report directly to the site supervisor. With opportunities for career progression both nationally and globally, this is an ideal chance to develop your skills and be a part of a professional safety culture that embraces diversity and inclusion. Our service technician positions are predominantly permanent, full-time contracts (unless stated otherwise) which offer long-term roles for the duration of our service agreements.
- Ensure that the wind farm runs smoothly by proactively and reactively maintaining equipment
- Be responsible for the safe and effective operation and maintenance of wind farm equipment, including high voltage and low voltage systems
- Make safety and environmental protection your top priority by following strict work methods and procedures to ensure the safety of all personnel and the environment
- Work closely with colleagues to maintain a safe workplace by participating in safety, toolbox or other meetings as required
- Be responsible for keeping company vehicles in top condition, ensuring they are clean and well-maintained
- Comply with OH&S legislation, demonstrating a commitment to accident prevention and ensuring that all work is carried out safely and within relevant guidelines
- Familiarize yourself with the site and its operations by undertaking a comprehensive site induction
- Ensure that all requirements of the Service Maintenance Agreement are met to guarantee the smooth running of the wind farm
- Continuously learn and develop new skills to adapt to changing working conditions, such as new equipment and technologies Be willing to undertake any other duties within your competence, skill, qualifications, and experience, as directed, to support the successful operation of the wind farm
- A-Grade Electrical license or Cert III Mechanical trade - we may consider applicants who are currently having their trade qualification recognised in Australia from overseas
- Full clean driving license
- Other relevant, but not required qualifications include: GWO training, working at heights, safety, manual handling, HV/LV rescue, fire awareness, first aid.
- Literate with PC & modern technologies to support your day-to-day work
- Ability to read/interpret technical drawings to support fault-finding and/or maintenance activities
- Any knowledge of PLC and/or SCADA systems
- Motivation to learn new skills and thrive in a growing industry
- Understanding of safety principles, willing to adhere to and drive safety compliance company-wide
- Experience with HV/LV, hydraulics, and mechanical systems in a residential, commercial, and/or industrial environment
- Proficient in the use of various hand tools
- Strong communicational skills, ability to work in a small team
- Ability to work at heights in confined environments
What We Offer
- A workplace culture that prioritizes safety and professionalism
- The chance to work alongside the world's leading wind energy provider
- Opportunities for ongoing development of your skills and career growth
- Prospects for global career advancement.
- Join the World's Leading Wind Energy Solutions Provider
- Excellent Career Development opportunities both Nationally and Globally
- A workplace that embraces Diversity and Inclusion
- Flexible workplace arrangements
- 13 weeks Paid Primary Carers Leave
- 3 weeks Paid Secondary Carers Leave
- Employee Assistance Program
Vestas is an equal opportunity employer. We are dedicated to attracting, retaining and developing our people. Applications are encouraged from all sectors of the community and we strongly encourage applications from those who identify as being Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander.
BEWARE – RECRUITMENT FRAUD
It has come to our attention that there are a number of fraudulent emails from people pretending to work for Vestas. Read more via this link, www.vestas.com/en/careers/job-openings
Vestas is the energy industry’s global partner on sustainable energy solutions. We specialize in designing, manufacturing, installing, and servicing wind turbines, both onshore and offshore.
Across the globe, we have installed more wind power than our competitors in the renewable energy arena. We consider ourselves forerunners within the industry, as Vestas continuously aims to design new solutions and technologies to create a more sustainable future for all of us. With more than 145 GW of wind power installed worldwide and 40+ years of experience in wind energy, Vestas has an unmatched history demonstrating our expertise within the field.
With 29,000 employees globally, Vestas is a diverse team united by a common goal: to power the solution – today, tomorrow, and far into the future.
Vestas promotes a diverse workforce which embraces all social identities and is free of any discrimination. We commit to create and sustain an environment that acknowledges and harvests different experiences, skills, and perspectives, and gives everyone equal access to opportunity.
To learn more about our company and life at Vestas, we invite you to visit our website at www.vestas.com and follow us on our social media channels. We also encourage you to join our Talent Universe to receive notifications on new and relevant postings.