17 days ago
This Trade Assistant role will assist in supporting our skilled Turbine Technicians. You will help ensure scheduled maintenance and breakdowns are carried out safely, efficiently, and effectively.
- Ensure the safety of worksites
- Assist with general workshop and warehouse operations
- Assist with maintenance according to qualification and competency
- Assist with planning and predict tooling requirements
- Undertake tasks to support timely scheduled maintenance and successful reactive maintenance activities
- Support our Service Maintenance Agreement KPIs
- Ensure tasks are undertaken according to policy and that work methods are followed
- Complying with the duty of care assigned under OH&S legislation and demonstrate commitment to accident prevention
- Observing all work instructions, procedures, safety codes of practice, employer OH&S and Environmental requirements and statutory rules and regulations
- Wear the appropriate Personal Protective Equipment as required
- Participate in safety, toolbox or other meetings where required
- All other duties within competence, skill, qualifications and experience as directed
- Driving license
- PC literate, preferably MS Office
- Ability to learn new skills
- Flexible for working conditions that may change unexpectedly
What we offer
- A professional safety culture
- An opportunity to work with the world leader in wind energy.
- The opportunity to further develop your skills and professional development.
- Global career progression prospects.
- Join the World's Leading Wind Energy Solutions Provider
- Excellent Career Development opportunities both Nationally and Globally
- A workplace that embraces Diversity and Inclusion
- Flexible workplace arrangements
- 13 weeks Paid Primary Carers Leave
- 3 weeks Paid Secondary Carers Leave
- Employee Assistance Program
Vestas is an equal opportunity employer. We are dedicated to attracting, retaining and developing our people. Applications are encouraged from all sectors of the community and we strongly encourage applications from those who identify as being Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander.
BEWARE – RECRUITMENT FRAUD
It has come to our attention that there are a number of fraudulent emails from people pretending to work for Vestas. Read more via this link, www.vestas.com/en/careers/job-openings
Vestas is the energy industry’s global partner on sustainable energy solutions. We specialize in designing, manufacturing, installing, and servicing wind turbines, both onshore and offshore.
Across the globe, we have installed more wind power than our competitors in the renewable energy arena. We consider ourselves forerunners within the industry, as Vestas continuously aims to design new solutions and technologies to create a more sustainable future for all of us. With more than 145 GW of wind power installed worldwide and 40+ years of experience in wind energy, Vestas has an unmatched history demonstrating our expertise within the field.
With 29,000 employees globally, Vestas is a diverse team united by a common goal: to power the solution – today, tomorrow, and far into the future.
Vestas promotes a diverse workforce which embraces all social identities and is free of any discrimination. We commit to create and sustain an environment that acknowledges and harvests different experiences, skills, and perspectives, and gives everyone equal access to opportunity.
To learn more about our company and life at Vestas, we invite you to visit our website at www.vestas.com and follow us on our social media channels. We also encourage you to join our Talent Universe to receive notifications on new and relevant postings.