Then look at this exciting opportunity to develop your career at Vestas, a market leader in sustainable energy.
Global Service > Service Operations > Global Operations Engineering > Global Multi-brand Operations
The Multibrand Platform Engineer is a part of Global Operations Support department and work with several other professionals in our organization, such as project managers, planning, purchasing and supply chain department, commercial, training and SCADA.
In Global Multi-brand Operations, it is our vision to professionalize the way we takeover Multi-brand sites and implement a Vestas standard to increase the availability of our Multi-brand windfarms and enhance customer satisfaction. It is our responsibility to review the needs in the Multi-brand area and to work with teams across regions to ensure that all required tools and procedures are in place.
As a successful candidate, you will be responsible for support and escalations at Senvion Multi-brand sites globally. Your responsibility will be to facilitate the regions in development, operations and escalations, reduce downtime and increase availability. Also:
- Acts as a Global Engineering anchor for Senvion Multibrand Platforms which have been developed
- Drives and coordinates improvement initiatives and innovative solutions
- The Multibrand Platform Engineer will develop and maintain a strong global network with various departments to ensure the safe operation of the platforms as well as maximising knowledge sharing across the globe
- Platform performance management
- Participation in workshops and virtual team meetings in order to gather input and bring it to the right attention
- Implementation requirements, plans, execution and reporting
- Set objectives for measuring the success of Platform Engineering, and measure according to these objectives
- Communicate Multi-brand platform status regularly to relevant stakeholders and gather feedback.
On a professional level, we expect you to have the following qualifications:
- Ideally, a minimum of a bachelor's degree in an engineering discipline from an accredited university. Strong work experience demonstrating the ability to understand and explain a variety of technologies will be accepted
- At least 5-10 years of Senvion Engineering background and engineering experience in the Windindustry
- Proven ability to gather and describe operational requirements
- Proven ability to understand basics of many different types of electrical, mechanical and information technology related technologies, and to be able to work with experts in these fields
- Ability to tailor and explain technical issues clearly at all corporate levels with different educational backgrounds
- Good market understanding of service customers, their needs and the typical technical issues that arise
- Hands-on mentality
- Contractual understanding
- Knowledge-sharing attitude
- General HSE knowledge
- Quality awareness
On a personal level, we envision that you have the following competencies:
- Strong stakeholder management experience, with a demonstrated ability to understand, meet and exceed stakeholder expectations at all management levels
- Great communication skills and able to communicate and present at all corporate levels in multi-cultural environment. Fluency in English, both in oral and in writing.
- Evaluating problems and investigating issues in complex environment
- A pragmatic approach to your tasks and the ability to adjust to change
- Leading project teams
What we offer:
We offer an exciting job with excellent opportunities for professional and personal development in an inspiring, dynamic, high performing, and international work environment in the sustainable energy sector. You can be taking part in establishing new function to set your footprints within Vestas. You will be part of an international team with a "can-do" attitude, eager to make a difference, which values initiative, responsibility, and the right balance between creativity and quality in all solutions
Primary work location is Germany or Denmark but other locations can be considered if we find the right profile. This position might require global travel up to 15% of the time. If the above matches your field of interest and your qualifications, please apply online as soon as possible. We conduct interviews on ongoing basis and will close the position as soon as we have a found a great fit.