Region NCE > SBU NCE Construction & Operations > Construction Onshore, Central
Construction is responsible for installation, commission and finally handover of wind farms to the client. Working closely together with the client and other stakeholders is a key parameter to ensure this happens safely, efficiently and with a high-quality standard.
The Performance Managers focus is to review and ensure that our construction projects are undertaken according to plan regarding cost and that deviations are understood and known. For that the Performance Manager is working closely together with a high number of Project Managers and other internal functions to find out root causes of unexpected developments, define and carry out possible mitigation actions (processes, closing knowledge gaps, etc.) to avoid similar deviations happen again or happen as well in other projects. Analytic skills, a collaborative approach to various internal stakeholders and interest in questioning the status-quo are key to this function.
You’ll be joining a small but skilled team, sparring with another performance manager, working closely and efficiently with Senior PM’s and the involved stakeholders from finance controlling.
- Regular review of the project portfolio in regard to cost, time and quality
- Supporting Project Managers in assessing deviations
- Working closely together with the Finance team to ensure transparency
- Initiate lesson learnt sessions to ensure all projects benefit of findings
- Alignment with the Performance Managers of other regions to join forces and to create synergies
- Supporting the management in understanding and communicating the overall status of the business
- Master’s degree in engineering or construction management. Economics and commercial subjects would also be of interest.
- Commercial insight and understanding of financial impacts of decisions with respect to project budgets
- Min. 4 years of experience in a full time job which requires problem solving skills in complex organizations
- Proficient in English to a professional level in all aspects
- Analytic skills
- A very good knowledge in the Microsoft Office Suite
- Collaborative mindset
What we offer
We offer an exciting opportunity to join the Construction department and be exposed directly to some very key aspects of what makes a project a success for Vestas. This is a job with significant opportunities for professional and personal development in an inspiring, dynamic, innovative and international work environment in the renewable energy sector. We highly value initiative, responsibility and the right balance between creativity and quality in all solutions.
Your work location can be Hamburg (preferred), Berlin or Vienna.
If the above matches your field of interest and your qualifications, please apply online as soon as possible.
We conduct ongoing interviews and close the position once the right person has been found.
All enquiries are treated confidentially.
Vestas is the energy industry’s global partner on sustainable energy solutions. We are specialised in designing, manufacturing, installing, and servicing wind turbines, both onshore and offshore.
Across the globe, we have installed more wind power than anyone else. We consider ourselves pioneers within the industry, as we continuously aim to design new solutions and technologies to create a more sustainable future for all of us. With more than 145 GW of wind power installed worldwide and 40+ years of experience in wind energy, we have an unmatched track record demonstrating our expertise within the field.
With 29,000 employees globally, we are a diverse team united by a common goal: to power the solution – today, tomorrow, and far into the future.
Vestas promotes a diverse workforce which embraces all social identities and is free of any discrimination. We commit to create and sustain an environment that acknowledges and harvests different experiences, skills, and perspectives. We also aim to give everyone equal access to opportunity.
To learn more about our company and life at Vestas, we invite you to visit our website at www.vestas.com and follow us on our social media channels. We also encourage you to join our Talent Universe to receive notifications on new and relevant postings.