Lead Specialist VAT NCE
20 days ago
Are you looking for the opportunity to make a difference with one of the global leaders in the renewable energy industry? Do you have background as a VAT accountant or similar? Are you accurate, structured and open minded? Then this might be the right job for you!
Finance > Finance Operations NCE > VAT & Accounting Compliance
As VAT Specialist you will be part of the Regional Finance team in region Northern and Central Europe (NCE) and collaborate closely with the different Finance functions in the NCE region, various stakeholders in other functions as well as a Shared Service Center located in Manila. The Regional Finance team in NCE is covering the full scope from Finance to Business Performance Management to be compliant with both IFRS and local statutory / tax accounting regulations. As the VAT specialist your main responsibilities direct VAT projects in the region, structure effective VAT processes, and provide advice to various internal stakeholders within the region to ensure VAT compliance for our entities.
The NCE region covers more than 40 legal entities within a wide geographical span, e.g. Poland, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, UK, Germany, Netherlands, Austria, Russia, Romania, Czech. The wide span of legal entities in combination of a centralised finance function requires the finance team to be structured, innovative and open for continuous changes.
- Review VAT declarations (as well as local outsourced VAT accountants in a number of highly complex countries)
- Direct internal VAT projects
- Assist in supervising stakeholders, external consultants, as well as tax authorities
- Support in providing VAT advice in various transactions supporting new and existing business processes and trainings
- Be up to date with developments in relevant VAT legislation and participate in seminars and courses
- Continuously identify and support improvement initiatives in VAT processes
- Liaison with relevant stakeholders within and outside Finance organization to address financial queries
- Relevant education / degree in Economics, Law or similar
- At least 7 years' work experience from VAT / accounting positions (preferably in an international environment/Germany as a minimum)
- Solid understanding of VAT processes / regulations
- Knowledge and experience within SAP module
- Knowledge with Microsoft Office (Excel, Outlook, etc.)
- Fluent in English is a requirement
- A structured and organized way of working
- Solid communication skills
- Positive attitude, innovative and good collaboration skills
- Ability to keep the overview in a hectic and innovative environment
- Aspirational, innovative, open-minded and self-motivated
- Committed, service-minded and result-oriented in a very international environment
What we offer
We offer an exciting job with great opportunities for development in an inspiring environment at a global wind turbine producer. We value initiative, responsibility and accuracy. You will become part of an international environment with a development commitment and colleagues that take care of each other.
The primary work location is Warrington UK, or Hamburg DE.
Applications are handled on an ongoing basis, so please apply online as soon as possible and no later than 1st April 2023.
For additional information about the position please contact Johanna Pasdeloup (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Vestas is the energy industry’s global partner on sustainable energy solutions. We are specialised in designing, manufacturing, installing, and servicing wind turbines, both onshore and offshore.
Across the globe, we have installed more wind power than anyone else. We consider ourselves pioneers within the industry, as we continuously aim to design new solutions and technologies to create a more sustainable future for all of us. With more than 145 GW of wind power installed worldwide and 40+ years of experience in wind energy, we have an unmatched track record demonstrating our expertise within the field.
With 29,000 employees globally, we are a diverse team united by a common goal: to power the solution – today, tomorrow, and far into the future.
Vestas promotes a diverse workforce which embraces all social identities and is free of any discrimination. We commit to create and sustain an environment that acknowledges and harvests different experiences, skills, and perspectives. We also aim to give everyone equal access to opportunity.
To learn more about our company and life at Vestas, we invite you to visit our website at www.vestas.com and follow us on our social media channels. We also encourage you to join our Talent Universe to receive notifications on new and relevant postings.