Customs Compliance Specialist (m/f/d)
30+ days ago
Manufacturing and Global Procurement > COO NCE > Customs NCE
Vestas Northern and Central Europe is a sales business unit covering Scandinavia, UK, Ireland, Poland, the Baltics, Germany, Benelux as well as Eastern Europe and south of Africa. We are responsible for the Sales function, Project, Installation and Service of wind farms throughout these regions. We seek to be the best performing business unit within Vestas, and we aim to make Vestas North and Central Europe the best place to work.
The Transport Execution department is responsible for overseeing the entire supply chain from manufacturing plant to project site within NCE region. The department has an open and informal culture, where teamwork and good communication is the key to our success. You will have the opportunity to work in an exciting industry and in a team of highly motivated.
Customs in Vestas NCE have the overall responsibility to secure a well-functioning import and export process to fulfill the business need in markets across the NCE region with the possible lowest cost, meanwhile, to ensure that we are conducting our business in compliance with internal and external rules and regulations.
- Address and support customs issues in relation to new market entry
- Support, coordinate and monitor the customs broker business in NCE
- Assist the Sales Business Units with due diligence calculations
- Participate in developing concepts and processes across regions to help reduce overall operating costs
- Operationally address customs handling in the NCE region
- Preparation of customs audits
- Secure that relevant stakeholders are kept updated on customs issues and changes to regulations that may have compliance or cost impacts
- Experience from similar customs compliance function in international environment
- Experience from Customs Broker Business
- Training in Customs Compliance
- Solid understanding of international trade terminology
- Great oral and written skills in English and preferably good skills in a second language such as Danish, Norwegian, Swedish, Polish or German
- Ability to maneuver and communicate among authorities and within Internal stakeholders
- Solid verbal and written communication skills required
- Ability to outline processes an suggest implementation strategies
What we offer
We are a team of skilled and committed colleagues who are all enthusiastic about sustainable energy. We have a great atmosphere within the department, and everyone is always prepared to assist when needed. You will have the opportunity to impact the overall Customs setup in Vestas.
Location: Hamburg, DE
Expected Travel: 20 days yearly
Application Deadline: 26 May 2023 We reserve the right to take down the job ad before this date, if the right candidate is identified before.
Start Date: ASAP- or after mutual agreement.
For additional information: please reach out to Luzia Steppat Head of NCE Customs +49 15112167365
Vestas is the energy industry’s global partner on sustainable energy solutions. We are specialised in designing, manufacturing, installing, and servicing wind turbines, both onshore and offshore.
Across the globe, we have installed more wind power than anyone else. We consider ourselves pioneers within the industry, as we continuously aim to design new solutions and technologies to create a more sustainable future for all of us. With more than 145 GW of wind power installed worldwide and 40+ years of experience in wind energy, we have an unmatched track record demonstrating our expertise within the field.
With 29,000 employees globally, we are a diverse team united by a common goal: to power the solution – today, tomorrow, and far into the future.
Vestas promotes a diverse workforce which embraces all social identities and is free of any discrimination. We commit to create and sustain an environment that acknowledges and harvests different experiences, skills, and perspectives. We also aim to give everyone equal access to opportunity.
To learn more about our company and life at Vestas, we invite you to visit our website at www.vestas.com and follow us on our social media channels. We also encourage you to join our Talent Universe to receive notifications on new and relevant postings.