Would you like to join our AP/AR team for North and Central Europe? Do you thrive as an AP/AR Professional? If you have good interpersonal skills and value an inclusive and collaborative work environment with a high degree of flexibility, then you might be our new team member!
Finance > Finance Operations NCE > Process Excellence & Accounting Comp
As Accountant for Accounts Payable and Receivable you will be part of the Regional Finance team in region Northern and Central Europe (NCE) and collaborate closely with the different Finance functions in the NCE region, various stakeholders in other functions as well as a Shared Service Center located in Manila. The Regional Finance team in NCE is covering the full scope from Finance to Business Performance Management to be compliant with both IFRS and local statutory accounting regulations. As the Accountant for Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable your main responsibilities will be monitoring and controlling the processes, supporting in critical cases as well as identify and drive improvements to further strengthen the processes.
The NCE region covers more than 40 legal entities within a wide geographical span, e.g. Sweden, Norway, Denmark, UK, Germany, Netherlands, Austria, Poland, Romania, Czech. The wide span of legal entities in combination of a centralized finance function requires the finance team to be structured, dynamic and open for continuous changes.
- Proactively engage and collaborate with Shared Service Center, procurement and other business stakeholders, in order to solve operational issues and problems with speed and quality
- Monitor and control processes around Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable with focus on critical items
- Review and analyse daily and monthly reports provided by Shared Service Center
- Continuous improvement of financial / accounting processes to increase operational effectiveness
- Support development of new market entries by establishing relevant Accounts Payable and Receivable processes in line with Vestas and local requirements.
- Coordination and support of audit requests with group and local auditors
- Ensure adherence to Group financial processes, compliance rules/policies and Vestas guidelines
- Relevant education / degree most likely within Finance or similar combined with at least 2 years' work experience from either Accounts Payable or Receivable (preferably in an international environment)
- Strong accounting skills, knowledge of accounting principles and process mindset
- Knowledge and experience within SAP ERP FI & CO module preferable
- Knowledge with Microsoft Office (Excel, Outlook, etc.)
- Fluent in English is a requirement
- A structured and organized way of working
- Strong communication skills
- Positive attitude, proactive and good collaboration skills
- Ability to keep the overview in a hectic and dynamic environment
- Ambitious, pro-active, open-minded and self-motivated
- Reliable, service-minded and result-oriented in a very international environment
What we offer
We offer an exciting job with great opportunities for development in an inspiring environment at the global wind turbine producer. We value initiative, responsibility and accuracy. You will become part of an international environment with a development commitment and colleagues that take care of each other.
Your work location will be Hamburg, Germany.
We look forward to receiving your application online as soon as possible and no later than 12th December 2023.
Applications are handled on an ongoing basis. Please apply online with your letter of motivation and CV. Please submit your application in English.
Please note: We do amend or withdraw our jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Vestas is the energy industry’s global partner on sustainable energy solutions. We are specialised in designing, manufacturing, installing, and servicing wind turbines, both onshore and offshore.
Across the globe, we have installed more wind power than anyone else. We consider ourselves pioneers within the industry, as we continuously aim to design new solutions and technologies to create a more sustainable future for all of us. With more than 145 GW of wind power installed worldwide and 40+ years of experience in wind energy, we have an unmatched track record demonstrating our expertise within the field.
With 29,000 employees globally, we are a diverse team united by a common goal: to power the solution – today, tomorrow, and far into the future.
Vestas promotes a diverse workforce which embraces all social identities and is free of any discrimination. We commit to create and sustain an environment that acknowledges and harvests different experiences, skills, and perspectives. We also aim to give everyone equal access to opportunity.
To learn more about our company and life at Vestas, we invite you to visit our website at www.vestas.com and follow us on our social media channels. We also encourage you to join our Talent Universe to receive notifications on new and relevant postings.