Junior Warehouse Coordinator
Grimsby, United Kingdom
18 days ago
Region NCE > SBU NCE Service > Triton Knoll
Reporting to the Service Manager, you will join our Service UK team in the East of England working in support of our offshore windfarm. Your role will involve operating as part of a focused team, keeping our windfarm in production through focused material management and seeking to maintain an efficient material management system.
Your main responsibilities will be:
- Compliance to Vestas' Health & safety, Quality, Operational procedures
- Maintaining stock inventory of spares and tools, through periodic & annual stock counting
- Administrate and control all delivery and conformity paperwork
- Coordinate the testing of all site tooling, PPE, lifting & calibrated equipment
- Control and supervise the processing of quarantined materials
- Liaising with Supply Chain department on spares & liaising with Vestas's tool department on tooling
- Ordering of consumable items from local vendors
- Experience with warehousing, logistics and stock management, e.g. having worked in the offshore industry
- A willingness to travel and work across various sites when required, in support of business needs
- Equally important is to be proficient, committed, and hardworking, with an ability to adapt to ever changing situations
- We expect you to have good problem-solving skills and an ability to be a team member who positively seeks help
- Solid IT skills (preferred: SAP, Dynamics, Oracle, Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Full driver's license, ideally with Forklift Truck
- Planning & Coordination experience
- Team-oriented person who supports colleagues
- Motivated and determined to do well
- Problem solver who will positively seek support
- Enthusiastic about renewables and making a positive difference
What we offer
- Great colleagues that support each other and work together
- Great opportunities for professional and personal development
- The opportunity to embrace & contribute to a safe work environment
- The ability to make a positive difference in the renewable energy sector
Your work location will be in GB, Grimsby.
Applications are handled on an ongoing basis. Please apply online with your letter of motivation and CV.
Please note: We do amend or withdraw our jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
All inquiries are treated confidentially.
Vestas is the energy industry’s global partner on sustainable energy solutions. We are specialised in designing, manufacturing, installing, and servicing wind turbines, both onshore and offshore.
Across the globe, we have installed more wind power than anyone else. We consider ourselves pioneers within the industry, as we continuously aim to design new solutions and technologies to create a more sustainable future for all of us. With more than 145 GW of wind power installed worldwide and 40+ years of experience in wind energy, we have an unmatched track record demonstrating our expertise within the field.
With 29,000 employees globally, we are a diverse team united by a common goal: to power the solution – today, tomorrow, and far into the future.
Vestas promotes a diverse workforce which embraces all social identities and is free of any discrimination. We commit to create and sustain an environment that acknowledges and harvests different experiences, skills, and perspectives. We also aim to give everyone equal access to opportunity.
To learn more about our company and life at Vestas, we invite you to visit our website at www.vestas.com and follow us on our social media channels. We also encourage you to join our Talent Universe to receive notifications on new and relevant postings.