Are you interested in Offshore Technical Support Operator role? Are you looking for an exciting opportunity in a growing industry? Then have a look at this career opportunity to join an Industry leader within the Technical Support department in NCE.
Sales > SBU NCE > Multibrand & Offshore Troubleshooting NCE
Multibrand & Offshore Troubleshooting NCE is a sub department of Technical Support North Central Europe (NCE), which regionally support the Service and R&D business with technical knowledge and acting as the link between Development and local business units.
The Technical Support Operator Offshore (Troubleshooting) shall work with the Operations Dispatcher to co-ordinate, plan, delegate/execute, oversee and record the activities on site(s) and ensure that the daily tasks are planned and implemented with high efficiency and act as the first point of contact for Technical Support/ Engineering related topics.
We will report to the Service Manager of WF Moray East and work with members of the site operations and Vestas Technology teams as well as other stakeholders from Head office and the Client(s).
Key tasks / responsibilities:
- Technical lead for the Vestas site team, act as an interface between the Customer and/or the Vestas site team and Offshore Technical Support / Offshore Engineering
- Support Supervision, monitoring of turbine performance and advanced remote troubleshooting on a daily basis with a focus on identifying proactive maintenance before generation impacted with a target for improving LPF at site
- Be primary point of contact between Offshore Technical Support / Offshore Engineering and Vestas site team to ensure continuity of discussions and Creating, updating, and maintaining guides (VGAs) for Service Technician
- Support on Technical planning tasks with ERP System (SAP) and providing timely responses and supporting the Service and Construction organizations
- On-site support in troubleshooting of difficult-to-solve/first-of-its-kind issues and ensuring technical knowledge is shared within the team
- Participate in Offshore Technical Support / Offshore Engineering led technical customer meetings together with Service Manager and Customer Manager and Handling requests in ticketing systems
- Evaluating technical customer questions and reports, and providing answers and presenting technical matters at customer meetings
This position covers multiple skills and interests. The successful candidate covers as many of the listed areas as possible.
- Electrical or mechanical education combined with experience from the wind industry. (Or, relevant technical education, such as: Electrical, Mechanical)
- Full authorisation on the Vestas V164 Turbine (preferred)
- Engineering background would be beneficial.
- Experience in the field in troubleshooting or other technical experience with the different Vestas turbines
- Advanced PC skills - SAP, Microsoft office suite.
- Good knowledge of WTG control systems
- Strong communication skills in English, both oral and in writing
- Ability to participate effectively as part of a cross-regional team / North Central Europe (NCE) team.
- Ability to organise and prioritise tasks
- Ability to work both with limited supervision and as a part of the team
- Good pragmatical and problem-solving skills
- Affinity to work within different systems to analyse root-cause and document solutions
- High attention to detail and a solid commitment to quality
What We Offer:
You will become part of a team of skilled and committed colleagues who are enthusiastic about wind energy. We have a good atmosphere within the department, and everyone is prepared to support when needed. You will have the opportunity to develop a career in a global company within a very exciting industry. We offer an attractive salary and benefits package.
This role will be a Monday - Friday position with Weekend rotation Based in Moray East.
Vestas is the energy industry’s global partner on sustainable energy solutions. We are specialised in designing, manufacturing, installing, and servicing wind turbines, both onshore and offshore.
Across the globe, we have installed more wind power than anyone else. We consider ourselves pioneers within the industry, as we continuously aim to design new solutions and technologies to create a more sustainable future for all of us. With more than 145 GW of wind power installed worldwide and 40+ years of experience in wind energy, we have an unmatched track record demonstrating our expertise within the field.
With 29,000 employees globally, we are a diverse team united by a common goal: to power the solution – today, tomorrow, and far into the future.
Vestas promotes a diverse workforce which embraces all social identities and is free of any discrimination. We commit to create and sustain an environment that acknowledges and harvests different experiences, skills, and perspectives. We also aim to give everyone equal access to opportunity.
To learn more about our company and life at Vestas, we invite you to visit our website at www.vestas.com and follow us on our social media channels. We also encourage you to join our Talent Universe to receive notifications on new and relevant postings.