20 days ago
Region NCE > SBU NCE Service > Horns Rev 3
The Vestas Offshore service department is running the Offshore Site at Horns Rev 3 which is a professional service business unit currently servicing Offshore wind farms. Horns Rev 3 is a 407MW offshore wind farm located in the eastern North Sea, approximately 30km off the north-west coast of Denmark.
Construction on the project was started in May 2017 and installation of all turbine foundations was completed by January 2018. The first turbine was installed in July 2018, while first power was generated in December 2018.
The Horns Rev 3 wind farm is expected to boost the Danish electricity production by 12% by producing up to 1,700GWh of clean electricity a year, which will be enough to power 425,000 Danish households.
Vestas have the full O&M contract operating and maintaining the V164 Vestas Wind Turbines on behalf of the Owner Vattenfall. There is opportunities to work on the new Game changer V236 at our Test facilities + Test and verification work on our existing Onshore V164 Test Turbines in Esbjerg.
The Offshore Service Technicians in Vestas Offshore are working in teams of 2 or 3, managed daily by the site Supervisor. The task includes routine checks, maintenance of the electrical and mechanical systems, and significant component replacement on our offshore wind turbines.
- Compliance to MHI Vestas Offshore Winds Health and Safety Management system
- Electrical and mechanical operations
- Maintaining and upgrading installation activities
- Carrying out a diversity of check-ups, repairs, and replacement activities of turbine components
- Responsible for a frictionless operation of our turbines and use of our systems like Condition Monitoring / Remote Control
- Creating follow-up orders
- Registration of time and material consumption in SAP
- Completed electrical or mechanical degree from a technical school/college/university
- Minimum 2 years of professional experience (electrical or mechanical) and with high voltage
- Accepted Qualifications are Mech/Elec/Marine, C&G full technological certificate/diploma, passed with Merit
- Comfortable working offshore and at heights, coping with the respective challenges this brings
- Good English skills in reading / writing, basic knowledge of MS Office
- Full driving license
- Motivated by teamwork and a positive mindset
- Structured, independent & resourceful in order to solve issues even when no support is available
- Flexible, as the position requires travelling and unplanned overtime may occur
- Good physical condition and ability to handle heavy lifts and work in heights
- High level of safety awareness
What we offer
You will become part of Service Team with great colleagues that support each other and work together. You will join a team in the growing offshore wind sector for the world`s largest wind OEM. We offer opportunities for professional and personal development and a key role with a broad range of stakeholders.
Work location: Offshore on a 7/7 rotation
Traveling: 180 days pr. year
If the above match your skills and qualifications, please apply no later than 21.03.2023. Please note: We do amend or withdraw our jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
For additional information about the position, please contact: Service Manager Paw Fauerby Andersen at +45 25 13 52 11.
Vestas is the energy industry’s global partner on sustainable energy solutions. We are specialised in designing, manufacturing, installing, and servicing wind turbines, both onshore and offshore.
Across the globe, we have installed more wind power than anyone else. We consider ourselves pioneers within the industry, as we continuously aim to design new solutions and technologies to create a more sustainable future for all of us. With more than 145 GW of wind power installed worldwide and 40+ years of experience in wind energy, we have an unmatched track record demonstrating our expertise within the field.
With 29,000 employees globally, we are a diverse team united by a common goal: to power the solution – today, tomorrow, and far into the future.
Vestas promotes a diverse workforce which embraces all social identities and is free of any discrimination. We commit to create and sustain an environment that acknowledges and harvests different experiences, skills, and perspectives. We also aim to give everyone equal access to opportunity.
To learn more about our company and life at Vestas, we invite you to visit our website at www.vestas.com and follow us on our social media channels. We also encourage you to join our Talent Universe to receive notifications on new and relevant postings.