Service Operations Dispatcher
20 days ago
Are you an experienced Planner? Do you want to work in the wind industry? Then Vestas has an opportunity for you!
Vestas Ireland > Region NCE > SBU NCE Service
Working as a Field Operations Dispatcher as part of Service Operations and reporting to the Planning Team Leader, your task is to schedule the jobs for service technicians on a daily, weekly, monthly basis in accordance with the approved global process instructions, business rules and your own best knowledge. You will streamline the workload and efficiently handle things impacting the plans, to ensure the flow of work will be stable and technicians will have work to do.
Your main responsibilities will be:
- Balance all assigned territory orders to ensure minimum downtime and maximum productivity
- Ensure service crew composition is up to date and adjusted to cover demand
- Tools, parts & services are planned and monitored on time and confirmed available at storage location before crew mobilisation
- Crew schedules are managed on a day-to-day basis
- Service schedule is aligned with the obligations in service contracts
- On time communication to crews and partners is guaranteed
- Participate in periodic improvement activities to improve KPls and PPIs related the role
- Previous experience in a similar role is essential
- SAP and/or Salesforce experience is an advantage
- Proficiency in MS office suite of programs
- Knowledge of LEAN principles is an advantage
We expect that you:
- Technical and planning framework understanding (training will be provided)
- Thinking and acting in processes
- High degree of flexibility (working in changing environment)
- Interpersonal skills
- High communications skills
- Safety awareness
- System user of MS Office, SAP and Salesforce beneficial, however training will be given
What we offer
We offer an exciting chance to engage with our colleagues and customers on a wide range of projects within our Service department. You will work with long-term projects for the future of our Service business - which is one of the most successful growth areas in the company.
Vestas are a global leader in service and you will be involved in some of the most complex and exciting projects that exist in the industry today. It's a busy and ever-changing environment where no day is the same. You will work in an open and flexible environment with skilled and positive colleagues who are prepared to assist when needed.
You will be based at our office in Dublin, with occasional travel within Ireland, UK, and Northern Europe.
Your work location will be in IE, Dublin.
Applications are handled on an ongoing basis. Please apply online with your letter of motivation and CV.
Please note: We do amend or withdraw our jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date. Please be advised to apply on or before 8th of February.
All inquiries are treated confidentially.
Vestas is the energy industry’s global partner on sustainable energy solutions. We are specialised in designing, manufacturing, installing, and servicing wind turbines, both onshore and offshore.
Across the globe, we have installed more wind power than anyone else. We consider ourselves pioneers within the industry, as we continuously aim to design new solutions and technologies to create a more sustainable future for all of us. With more than 145 GW of wind power installed worldwide and 40+ years of experience in wind energy, we have an unmatched track record demonstrating our expertise within the field.
With 29,000 employees globally, we are a diverse team united by a common goal: to power the solution – today, tomorrow, and far into the future.
Vestas promotes a diverse workforce which embraces all social identities and is free of any discrimination. We commit to create and sustain an environment that acknowledges and harvests different experiences, skills, and perspectives. We also aim to give everyone equal access to opportunity.
To learn more about our company and life at Vestas, we invite you to visit our website at www.vestas.com and follow us on our social media channels. We also encourage you to join our Talent Universe to receive notifications on new and relevant postings.