Denver, CO, United States
26 days ago
The Denver Tools Center is in the process of growing a strong team in the support of tooling for the construction sites in the installation of wind turbines in North, Central, and South America. This Materials Handler will become part of a global team, for a world leader in wind energy.
Global Tools / Tools Region NCSA / Production and Repair
The Warehouse Worker will be responsible for warehousing small and large construction tools, performing shipping and receiving tasks, using a reach truck, sit down forklift, and other industrial machinery, picking and packing tools, parts, and assemblies, performing inventory counts, maintaining high safety standards, and utilizing SAP for data entry. The Denver Tools Center provides construction tools for the installation and servicing of Vestas wind turbines. These heavy machinery tools provide safe and quality lifting of wind turbine components at the construction sites in North, Central, and South America. These installations sites are at the forefront in providing Vestas be the world leader in wind energy.
- Maintain proper stock controls by performing manual and clerical tasks involved in receiving, preparation and stocking, issuing, shipping, physical inventory, disposition, control, and protection of company property
- Support and suggest any remedial action required to prevent or resolve discrepancies
- Operate lift trucks and various or electric-powered trucks
- Perform responsibilities involved in controlling (maintaining, updating, sorting, filing, recording, and issuing) various SAP or company documents
- 2-3 years of experience in general warehousing/distribution centers / or production environments
- High School / GED required
- Working knowledge of stock control, inventory management practices, and procedures
- SAP or other Warehouse Management Systems experience
- Experience operating a forklift and reach truck. Certifications is a preference but not required
- Able to follow established written and verbal instructions
- Ability to follow company safety policies and procedures
- Proven computer literacy
- Standing/Sitting: Requires full-time standing with limited resting periods and walk distances. May sit for extended periods if required
- Heights: Able to work at heights. Able to climb stairs or ladders as required. Able to work off of step stools and ladders
- Overhead work: Able to work overhead as required
- Weight restriction: Able to Lift/ push /pull/carry a minimum of 50 lbs.
- Body positioning: Able to twist/bend (neck or waist) and stoop. Able to work in awkward positions as required. Able to squat/kneel/crawl/reach as required
- Work content: Able to use/hold/manipulate small tools and parts with hands. Simple grasping, power grasping, and fine manipulation are required. Able to use inspection tools and perform torqueing operations
- Vision/Hearing: High-level Hand/Eye coordination required. Corrective lenses may be used. Eye protection is required in many instances. Color differentiation may be required.
- Will be required to hear at level required for the position
- Environmental: Able to work around noise and dust. Capable of using personal protective equipment including hearing protection if required. Able to work outside if needed
- Attendance: Regular attendance is required based on a set work schedule. Should be reliable
- Vehicles/Power moving equipment: Able to operate equipment or machinery as required. Able to work around heavy equipment and machinery
What we offer
As a member of the Vestas team, we offer a competitive salary and one of the most comprehensive benefits plans in the industry. Among the many amenities we offer: Global bonus program, medical; dental; vision; paid time off; 401(k) plan with company match; tuition assistance; HSA (Health Savings Account) with Company Contribution, FSA (Flexible Spending Account), and DCFSA (Dependent Care FSA), Voluntary Benefits (Pet Insurance, Legal Insurance, Accident Insurance, Critical Illness Insurance, & more physical, mental, and financial wellness options), Safety Programs (reimbursement for safety shoes and company provided safety glasses)
It is the policy of Vestas to afford equal employment opportunity without regard to age, race, religion, color, gender, or national origin, and to afford equal opportunity to veterans and individuals with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, provincial, or local law. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application and/or interview process should notify a representative within the People & Culture department.
This position is located in Brighton, Colorado. The work schedule is M-F, 6:00am-2:30pm.
Target Pay Range:
$18.00 to $19.93 per hour
Vestas is the energy industry’s global partner on sustainable energy solutions. We are specialised in designing, manufacturing, installing, and servicing wind turbines, both onshore and offshore.
Across the globe, we have installed more wind power than anyone else. We consider ourselves pioneers within the industry, as we continuously aim to design new solutions and technologies to create a more sustainable future for all of us. With more than 145 GW of wind power installed worldwide and 40+ years of experience in wind energy, we have an unmatched track record demonstrating our expertise within the field.
With 29,000 employees globally, we are a diverse team united by a common goal: to power the solution – today, tomorrow, and far into the future.
Vestas promotes a diverse workforce which embraces all social identities and is free of any discrimination. We commit to create and sustain an environment that acknowledges and harvests different experiences, skills, and perspectives. We also aim to give everyone equal access to opportunity.
To learn more about our company and life at Vestas, we invite you to visit our website at www.vestas.com and follow us on our social media channels. We also encourage you to join our Talent Universe to receive notifications on new and relevant postings.