Offshore Service Operations Specialist
13 days ago
EVP area Service > Global Service Operations, Quality & HSE > Global Offshore Operations
The department consists of a team of specialists and project managers and has the purpose to identify and implement key offshore service operations-related activities. The focus of the department is to be developing and building up key offshore service capabilities globally, which will enable Vestas to successfully deliver its strategy of being a leading Offshore Wind provider by 2025. At the same time, the department is supporting day-to-day operations with the identification and execution of improvement projects to increase operational performance.
The department is interfacing with key stakeholders both within and outside of the EVP, Service-area, such as Technology, Sales, Manufacturing, and Construction, as well as the Regions, to ensure that the right activities are being implemented and accelerated. As such, working with stakeholders across all levels of the organisation in a matrix set-up is key for success.
- Identify relevant improvement projects across Offshore Service, and coordinate, align, and accelerate these across the (Service-)value chain to achieve offshore service leadership
- Together with key stakeholders, design and implement improved and new operational concepts and processes, as well as market entry, and site-onboarding procedures
- Support with the definition and implementation of a scalable offshore service execution model across the global functions and regional organisation
- Minimum Bachelor's degree in business management, engineering, operations management, or a related field
- 5+ years’ work experience in an operations or business management role, ideally within the offshore wind industry
- A professional certification in project management is a bonus
The desired candidate is highly motivated and proactive, with the ability to freely coordinate progress. You aim to deliver the best possible outcome in a pragmatic way, and you thrive developing in a progressive and global environment.
In addition, the candidate possesses the following personal attributes and characteristics:
- Power to influence and question the status quo both internally and externally
- Proactive, drive and persistent personality with great stakeholder management skills
- Ability to actively motivate problem-solving and communication with a collaborative mindset
- Ability to think long-term and holistically and structure complex topics, break them into manageable work packages, and prioritise
- Cultural affinity and a great portion of interpersonal skills
What we offer
Vestas is the energy industry's global partner on sustainable energy solutions. We value initiative, responsibility and the right balance between creativity and quality in all solutions. We offer an exciting work environment with great opportunities for professional and personal growth with one of the most sustainable companies in the world.
Vestas offers flexibility and agility, giving you the freedom to work creatively in an international environment with highly diverse teams. We give you extensive on the job and multi-functional training. We will provide you with the platform to ensure you are growing in the role regardless of your previous experience.
We see a great value if you are close to the business, in Copenhagen, Denmark, but we are open to other locations such as: Hamburg, Germany, London, Warrington England or Oostende, Belgium.
For this position you can expect up to 20 days of travel per year.
If all the above matches your interest and qualifications, please apply no later than 16th of June 2023.
Please note: We do amend or withdraw our jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date
Vestas is the energy industry’s global partner on sustainable energy solutions. We are specialised in designing, manufacturing, installing, and servicing wind turbines, both onshore and offshore.
Across the globe, we have installed more wind power than anyone else. We consider ourselves pioneers within the industry, as we continuously aim to design new solutions and technologies to create a more sustainable future for all of us. With more than 145 GW of wind power installed worldwide and 40+ years of experience in wind energy, we have an unmatched track record demonstrating our expertise within the field.
With 29,000 employees globally, we are a diverse team united by a common goal: to power the solution – today, tomorrow, and far into the future.
Vestas promotes a diverse workforce which embraces all social identities and is free of any discrimination. We commit to create and sustain an environment that acknowledges and harvests different experiences, skills, and perspectives. We also aim to give everyone equal access to opportunity.
To learn more about our company and life at Vestas, we invite you to visit our website at www.vestas.com and follow us on our social media channels. We also encourage you to join our Talent Universe to receive notifications on new and relevant postings.