Global Engineering & Business Solutions > Engineering & Business Service Center > QHSE Sevice
HSE & QMS is a part of QHSE Services in Engineering Business Service Center (EBSC), Global Manufacturing. This department is responsible for Business process creation/rollout, conducting Internal Audits, performing HSE Reviews and promoting Safety & Quality Culture across Global Manufacturing.
As an Energy & Environment specialist, you'll plan, regulate, and monitor the energy use in the organization. Your aim is to develop Energy Management System (ISO 50001) and implement at organizational level to improve efficiency by evaluating energy use and putting in place new policies and changes where needed.You will also support implementation of Environmental management system (ISO 14001) across the organization,will coordinate all aspects of energy and environment management, from reduction of carbon dioxide emissions to waste management and sustainable development
- Develop, coordinate, and implement strategies and policies to reduce energy consumption
- Encourage the use of renewable and sustainable energy resources within an organization or community and raise the profile of energy conservation
- Carry out Energy audits at factories, office locations and support ISO 50001 Implementation, certification
- Provide technical and practical advice and offer training on energy efficiency
- Support implementation of Environmental management system across the organization
- Carry out site inspections and energy surveys
- Coordinate with stakeholders for sustainability metrics reporting and data management
- Develop promotional activities and materials to publicize energy conservation activities
- Conduct training on Energy management system and Environmental management system
- Conduct Energy analysis, establish Energy performance indicators, support Environmental initiatives
- Conduct cost benefit analysis of new energy reduction projects and guide sites on project implementation
- Benchmark energy consumptions against best practice guidelines
- Keep up to date with legislation
- Degree in Engineering or Postgraduate in Environmental sciences with 10 to 15 years of experience in manufacturing industry
- Extensive knowledge in ISO 50001 & ISO 14001
- Preferably Certified Energy auditor or manager
- Experience with Energy and Environmental management system development and implementation
- Fluent in English (written & verbal)
- Passionate to reduce energy and environment results with own abilities and with as limited investments as possible
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Attention to detail and ability to constantly improve calculation methods and systems
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills to collaborate with diverse stakeholders
- Proficient in data analysis and reporting using relevant software applications
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and prioritize workload effectively
- Continuous improvement mindset and willingness to learn and adapt to new technologies and industry practices
- Change management skills (good in communication, training, coaching)
- Self-driven, proactive - take responsibility to ensure progress and results
- Open and seek collaboration with team-members + engage proactive approach with Local factory staff in each region across the Globe
- Ability to work in a Central competence center supporting Units from remote and onsite as required focusing on continuous business improvement activities and optimization projects across factories
What We Offer
We offer a challenging workplace with excellent professional and personal development opportunities in an inspiring, international work environment with the world's leading wind turbine manufacturer. The department places high focus on a relaxed working environment where professional skills can be developed and enhanced. You will have the opportunity to greatly impact Vestas current and future products & processes.
Join Vestas and you will cultivate your career in an inspiring environment at the world's leading wind turbine producer, which has an ongoing dedication to sustainability. We value individual initiative, the desire to take on responsibility, and the right balance between creativity and quality in all solutions. At Vestas your success is our success.
Your primary work location would be in Chennai
Please note: We do amend or withdraw our jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date. Please be advised to apply on or before 29th Feb 2024
Vestas is the energy industry’s global partner on sustainable energy solutions. We are specialised in designing, manufacturing, installing, and servicing wind turbines, both onshore and offshore.
Across the globe, we have installed more wind power than anyone else. We consider ourselves pioneers within the industry, as we continuously aim to design new solutions and technologies to create a more sustainable future for all of us. With more than 173 GW of wind power installed worldwide and 40+ years of experience in wind energy, we have an unmatched track record demonstrating our expertise within the field.
With 29,000 employees globally, we are a diverse team united by a common goal: to power the solution – today, tomorrow, and far into the future.
Vestas promotes a diverse workforce which embraces all social identities and is free of any discrimination. We commit to create and sustain an environment that acknowledges and harvests different experiences, skills, and perspectives. We also aim to give everyone equal access to opportunity.
To learn more about our company and life at Vestas, we invite you to visit our website at www.vestas.com and follow us on our social media channels. We also encourage you to join our Talent Universe to receive notifications on new and relevant postings.