Senior Transport Coordinator
13 days ago
SCM - APAC & MED > Transport Execution - APAC > APAC Transport Support
Supply chain management supports direct material buying, transportation, production planning, CAPEX buying & logistics coordination and ensures to deliver the required materials on time in full, at a minimal cost to all global Vestas factories, sites and wind farms.
Department's goal is to achieve 100% timely deliverables to all stakeholders along with process initiatives. This department is operating globally, so an international experience comes with the job. We are looking for skilled personals who are well structured, well organized and ready to work in an international Environment with many cultural differences. You need to be able to handle / maintain the required system updates in SAP MM & SAP TM and communicate with stakeholders globally which relates Inbound Transportation, Outbound Operations & other shipments.. The department is operating Globally, so an International Experience will be added an advantage. We are looking for required skilled personals who are well structured, well organized and ready to work in an International Environment with many Cultural Differences.
- Maintaining Project Transport Quotes in line with Master Data - "myITM" system
- Maintain communication with stakeholders (Regional, Global Transport & Finance Teams) on the updates / Changes done in system on all Active Quotations part of Project Transport Budgets Portfolio management
- Calculate the Bunker Exposure for Vestas on Global Scale each project wise (as part of the Hedging process)
- Maintain Regular connect with Finance & Regional Transport for Input on Hedging Process
- Ensure "myITM" Quotes are synchronized with Vessel Plans in O9 & should show the same amount of Vessels on a Project Level from Project Firm Order to Delivery
- Work with Master Data to update Transport Lanes as per Global Transport Plans - Weekly, incudes identifying missing lanes and updating
- Process relates to Quote & LE (Latest Estimate) should be monitored and followed up with Region's to secure the process compliance
- Adhoc support to regions relating to Quoting, LE , Hedging processes and Deliver standardized input for Bunker Hedging Process
- Prepare reports, schedules and analysis that may be required by the Regional /Global Transport & Finance Teams.
- Works on driving Process improvements in the process and Efficiency in the ways of working
- Respond to queries, by resolving issues in a timely and efficient manner to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Demonstrate ability to work with cross-functional teams in a global environment
- Continuous Improvement activities/Drive the projects & Process and Manage multiple Stakeholder including both internal and external
- Bachelors or master's degree preferably in Supply chain / Logistics, Finance knowledge is added advantage
- 5+ years of relevant experience in Project Transport with Data Analysis.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Package required (Solid experience with Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint)
- Knowledge on SAP MM / SAP TM modules
- Service mentality, Proactive , problem-solving skills and Strong analytical mindset
- Basic Vessel Transport Understanding
- Conceptual Understanding of Hedging process
- Supply Chain knowledge with financial understanding
- Proactively identify problems and implement effective solutions & customer service mindset
- Collaborate with other departments to integrate logistics with business systems or processes
- Strong interpersonal & ability to communicate (Oral & Written) and manage well at all levels of the organization
- High level of integrity and dependability with a strong sense of urgency and results-orientation
- Flexible regarding work hours to support different global regions
What We Offer
In a key market for the company with excellent perspectives.
Join Vestas and you'll cultivate your career in an inspiring environment at the world's leading wind turbine producer,
which has the desire to take on responsibility, and the right balance between creativity and quality in all solutions.
Your primary workplace will be in Chennai, India.
Please note: We do amend or withdraw our jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date. Please be advised to apply on or before 28th Feb 2023.
Vestas is the energy industry’s global partner on sustainable energy solutions. We are specialised in designing, manufacturing, installing, and servicing wind turbines, both onshore and offshore.
Across the globe, we have installed more wind power than anyone else. We consider ourselves pioneers within the industry, as we continuously aim to design new solutions and technologies to create a more sustainable future for all of us. With more than 145 GW of wind power installed worldwide and 40+ years of experience in wind energy, we have an unmatched track record demonstrating our expertise within the field.
With 29,000 employees globally, we are a diverse team united by a common goal: to power the solution – today, tomorrow, and far into the future.
Vestas promotes a diverse workforce which embraces all social identities and is free of any discrimination. We commit to create and sustain an environment that acknowledges and harvests different experiences, skills, and perspectives. We also aim to give everyone equal access to opportunity.
To learn more about our company and life at Vestas, we invite you to visit our website at www.vestas.com and follow us on our social media channels. We also encourage you to join our Talent Universe to receive notifications on new and relevant postings.