23 days ago
Service Operations APAC > Operations Engineering APAC > Blades ASP
Regional Support Department is part of SBU, which provides Technical Support to Service & Construction teams in SCADA, Blades, and WTG Engineering. As a blades professional you will be working in a regional team focused on solving technical problems, improving blades design during operation and minimizing damages.
- Work in a regional team solving technical problems; coordinate as needed with technical and operational stakeholders across the globe to both give relevant information for long term improvements and receive information for short term technical solutions
- Review, validate and approve component inspection reports for blades across the region
- Provide on site and back office support for the evaluation of damages and the provision of needed repair methods
- Provide training and guidance to blade technicians responsible for inspection and repairs
- Understand product technology and respond to technical inquiries from internal stakeholders, insurance companies and Vestas customers
- Travel to different wind farms for repair supervision, troubleshooting and audit
- Develop and maintain region specific technical documentation related to blade inspection and repairs
- Create databases as needed to support blade care, inspection, repair and ongoing improvements
- Conduct root cause analysis and produce reports for both internal and external use using the most appropriate methods of investigation
- Coordinate customer meetings to negotiate warranty issues, root cause analysis and site visits to determine issue severity and next steps
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical/Chemical/Polymer/Aeronautical Engineering
- Experience of 4-6 years
- Capable of working in international team
- Problem Solving
- Work instructions and technical drawings
- Process Design and Process Improvement
- Understand customer's needs, and enhance customer satisfaction and loyalty
- Know the full value chain and key processes
- Engage in HSE management
- Experience with glass and carbon fiber design, manufacturing, repair and construction
- Professional oral and written communication skills
- Qualified organization skills, ability to maintain confidentiality
- Demonstrate flexibility working in a innovative and changing organization
- Efficient computer skills
- Should be a highly motivated attitude and be able to work with little supervision
- Willing to travel to Sites and abroad for assignments
- Efficient technical skills with emphasis on diagnostics, troubleshooting, technical investigation and root cause analysis
- Able to balance responsibilities and prioritize daily work under a exciting environment
What We Offer
We offer an exciting job with innovative opportunities for professional and personal development in a multi-cultural, inspiring, focused and international work environment in the renewable energy sector. To us, it is all about knowing the market and our customers, defining the right solutions and getting it done - all in the best possible way. We would like you to participate in that mission.
Your primary workplace will be Chennai.
Please note: We do amend or withdraw our jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date. Please be advised to apply on or before 31st March 2023.
Vestas is the energy industry’s global partner on sustainable energy solutions. We are specialised in designing, manufacturing, installing, and servicing wind turbines, both onshore and offshore.
Across the globe, we have installed more wind power than anyone else. We consider ourselves pioneers within the industry, as we continuously aim to design new solutions and technologies to create a more sustainable future for all of us. With more than 145 GW of wind power installed worldwide and 40+ years of experience in wind energy, we have an unmatched track record demonstrating our expertise within the field.
With 29,000 employees globally, we are a diverse team united by a common goal: to power the solution – today, tomorrow, and far into the future.
Vestas promotes a diverse workforce which embraces all social identities and is free of any discrimination. We commit to create and sustain an environment that acknowledges and harvests different experiences, skills, and perspectives. We also aim to give everyone equal access to opportunity.
To learn more about our company and life at Vestas, we invite you to visit our website at www.vestas.com and follow us on our social media channels. We also encourage you to join our Talent Universe to receive notifications on new and relevant postings.