Engineering & Business Service Center > Engineering > Tool Engineering
Are you interested to learn, design and develop the tools and equipment's used to bring the innovative design of the wind turbine modules to reality in our factories and the tools used to install in the wind farm? Come join our Tool Engineering team which is part of Engineering department in EBSC. Let's learn, challenge and grow together.
- Accountable for providing the most robust, reliable, efficient design solution with highest performance and lowest cost
- Accountable for understanding, clarifying and reviewing tooling design specification, design verification & validation, design risk associated in manufacturing value chain
- Responsible to drive projects with complete ownership, perform technical & embrace challenges
- Drive process improvements with innovative solutions in order to deliver the projects more efficiently, regular workshops, SOA etc.
- Contribute to cost reduction and improve quality through standardization, modularization and process efficiency improvements.
- Drive knowledge sharing, train new employees & contribute to team competency building.
- Ensure cross functional collaboration with relevant interface owners throughout the value chain.
- Deliver the technical solution within quality, time and cost targets of the project
- Bachelor or Master's degree in Mechanical Engineering or allied.
- Minimum 9 years of experience in Tool design and /or product engineering manufacturing is required
- Experience in Mechanical design and specification in compliant to the relevant international standards
- Exposure in working in an intercultural environment
- In-depth knowledge in Structural Mechanics is essential.
- Experience in 3D-Modeling and 2D-drafting, preferably using CREO/ PDMlink and project execution through ERP/ECM systems.
- Broad Knowledge in Engineering Basics.
- Work experience in GD&T.
- Work experience with lifting tools and structures.
- Knowledge on FEA (Preferably ANSYS/Pro-Mechanica).
- Knowledge of design for manufacturing and preferably insight into wind turbines, e.g. welding processes and material properties.
- Knowledge of Wind turbines & heavy lifting/ Transportation equipment.
- Should have a creative approach to new challenges, a natural flair for innovation and thrive with varied tasks and constant changes from day to day.
- Should be result oriented with a strong focus on the task and to be able to meet the deadlines with the right quality.
- Team player: strong collaboration focus and ability to motivate colleagues within project team.
- Good communication skills to report effectively on the project status at all levels of an organization.
- Good stakeholder management skills and the ability to build relationships with key members of the value-stream.
What We Offer
We offer a chance to join the global leader in sustainable energy solutions, while working as part of a highly motivated and collaborative team. You will get to work with and interact with colleagues locally and across the globe and receive the required training for your professional and personal development in a highly exciting, safe and comfortable work environment.
Additional InformationYour primary location will be in Chennai.
Please note: We do amend or withdraw our jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date. Please be advised to apply on or before 29th Feb 2024.
Vestas is the energy industry’s global partner on sustainable energy solutions. We are specialised in designing, manufacturing, installing, and servicing wind turbines, both onshore and offshore.
Across the globe, we have installed more wind power than anyone else. We consider ourselves pioneers within the industry, as we continuously aim to design new solutions and technologies to create a more sustainable future for all of us. With more than 145 GW of wind power installed worldwide and 40+ years of experience in wind energy, we have an unmatched track record demonstrating our expertise within the field.
With 29,000 employees globally, we are a diverse team united by a common goal: to power the solution – today, tomorrow, and far into the future.
Vestas promotes a diverse workforce which embraces all social identities and is free of any discrimination. We commit to create and sustain an environment that acknowledges and harvests different experiences, skills, and perspectives. We also aim to give everyone equal access to opportunity.
To learn more about our company and life at Vestas, we invite you to visit our website at www.vestas.com and follow us on our social media channels. We also encourage you to join our Talent Universe to receive notifications on new and relevant postings.