SCM EBSC > Procurement Services > Purchasing & SQD
This department Purchasing and SQD is a part of Procurement service, supports Global procurement and SQD offshored operational activities.
- Register the supplier into the supplier assessment platform (Meercat and/or Ariba Supplier Lifecycle Management)
- Review, evaluate and approve supplier's responses on the assessment questionnaire.
- This includes reviewing the supporting documents and ensure these are true and correct at the time of submission.
- Non-compliance to the requirements will result to the rejection of the supplier and thus will not be used as a vendor in Vestas.
- Regular review of suppliers whose relevant certifications are expiring (i.e. ISO 9001 certification, OSH certification, etc) and getting these suppliers to submit a proof of updated and valid certification.
- Publish reports of supplier performance in construction projects to stakeholders. This also includes adding insights to the reports and talking points for discussion.
- Drive for continuous improvements by challenging the current state, optimizing processes and utilizing the capabilities to secure high quality standards for procurement operations
- Fast track the assessment process on urgent vendor requests as per request from the category teams or regional procurement organizations.
B.E. Mechanical or Electrical with 1 to 2 year experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs (especially Excel, Word, Powerpoint, and Outlook)
- Excellent analytical skills including the ability to prepare and present analysis and reports, deal with challenges creatively and achieve business-focused solutions
- Excellent organizational skills and experience working in a high volume and demanding professional environment with a capacity to prioritize, multi-task, achieve business goals, perform and always work with a customer-focused approach
- Excellent English written and verbal communication skills and able to speak with conviction
- Excellent in stakeholder management and with assertive communication skills at all levels
- Independent and can work with minimal supervision.
What We Offer
A challenging work environment with exposure to multinational work culture and technical knowledge
Your primary location will be in Chennai.
Please note: We do amend or withdraw our jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date. Please be advised to apply on or before 29th Feb 2024.
Vestas is the energy industry’s global partner on sustainable energy solutions. We are specialised in designing, manufacturing, installing, and servicing wind turbines, both onshore and offshore.
Across the globe, we have installed more wind power than anyone else. We consider ourselves pioneers within the industry, as we continuously aim to design new solutions and technologies to create a more sustainable future for all of us. With more than 173 GW of wind power installed worldwide and 40+ years of experience in wind energy, we have an unmatched track record demonstrating our expertise within the field.
With 29,000 employees globally, we are a diverse team united by a common goal: to power the solution – today, tomorrow, and far into the future.
Vestas promotes a diverse workforce which embraces all social identities and is free of any discrimination. We commit to create and sustain an environment that acknowledges and harvests different experiences, skills, and perspectives. We also aim to give everyone equal access to opportunity.
To learn more about our company and life at Vestas, we invite you to visit our website at www.vestas.com and follow us on our social media channels. We also encourage you to join our Talent Universe to receive notifications on new and relevant postings.