Region APC > Construction & Operations APAC > PMO APAC
The Cost Control Manager, APAC is responsible for the management of all financial aspects (including processes and transactionals) of Wind Farm projects under construction and to guidance to Stakeholders.
- Contribute responsibly and adhere to relevant laws, regulations and corporate obligations in terms of financial aspects.
- Guide management of Project Budgets, Cost to Complete, POC, TOR and Cash Inflow/Outflow in consultation with the Cost Control Managers, Project Cost Controllers , Cost Control/Transactional SMEs, Project Teams & Finance across the APAC construction projects (onshore initially and potentially offshore in the near future).
- Standardise & streamline all financial processes, templates and reporting across the APAC onshore and offshore construction projects.
- Preparation of financial reports, monthly project reports and powerpoint presentations for Senior Management.
- Support region specific financial meeting rhythms and guide teams on financial aspects.
- Analyse Pre/Post Calc and implement improvements across the region.
- Work with Global to standardise financial processes and resolve financial issues.
- Implement new financial processes across the region.• Point of contact for all Project Cost Control and Transactional financial matters across APAC construction projects.
- Point of contact for all Cost Control and Transactional processes (whether current or new).
- Escalation and resolution point for all Cost Control and Transactional aspects across APAC.
- Direct Manager to regional Cost Control Managers/Team Leads and Cost Control / Transactional Subject Matter Experts.
- Attend Steering Committee, Project Cost Control meetings are required.
- Working closely with teams in Australia, New Zealand, India, China, Taiwan and Denmark.
- Close cooperation with all stakeholders.
- Support to Senior Management with related reporting.
- Mentoring and training teams as required.
- Identifying and implement improvement opportunities/initiatives.
- Responsible for all financial aspects relating to PMO scope of work across APAC Construction projects. The number of projects & values vary with time.
- Bachelor's Degree - Accounting/Commerce
- PMP preferred
- Previous experience as a project cost controller/accountant with 15 years' experience within Construction industry
- Strong finance/accounting background with reporting and reconciliation skills
- Financial controlling and administration experience in complex project environment
- Technical and Project Management understanding / mindset
- Windfarm experience preferred.
- Ability to quickly understand new processes and work improve them
- Comprehensive Accounting skills
- Prior people management skills
- SAP experience, or large ERP application
- Advanced MS Office skills, in particular Microsoft Excel and Powerpoint.
- Self-managed, with good communication skills and strong work ethics
- Structured approach to problem solving
- Good understanding of project management principals and construction
- Ability to work in a time-sensitive setting, across competing priorities and adhere to project timelines
- Clear and concise communicator
- Big picture and good attention to detail.
What We Offer
We offer an exciting and innovative work place in a multicultural environment. You get an opportunity to work on trade and documentation solutions with immense opportunity to enhance your skill sets and develop professionally in a global organization.
Your primary workplace will be in Chennai, India.
Please note: We do amend or withdraw our jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date. Please be advised to apply on or before 31st August 2023
Vestas is the energy industry’s global partner on sustainable energy solutions. We are specialised in designing, manufacturing, installing, and servicing wind turbines, both onshore and offshore.
Across the globe, we have installed more wind power than anyone else. We consider ourselves pioneers within the industry, as we continuously aim to design new solutions and technologies to create a more sustainable future for all of us. With more than 145 GW of wind power installed worldwide and 40+ years of experience in wind energy, we have an unmatched track record demonstrating our expertise within the field.
With 29,000 employees globally, we are a diverse team united by a common goal: to power the solution – today, tomorrow, and far into the future.
Vestas promotes a diverse workforce which embraces all social identities and is free of any discrimination. We commit to create and sustain an environment that acknowledges and harvests different experiences, skills, and perspectives. We also aim to give everyone equal access to opportunity.
To learn more about our company and life at Vestas, we invite you to visit our website at www.vestas.com and follow us on our social media channels. We also encourage you to join our Talent Universe to receive notifications on new and relevant postings.