Consultant - Supply Chain coordinator
17 days ago
Vestas is the world leader in wind technology and a driving force in the development of the wind power industry. Vestas' core business comprises the development, manufacture, sale, marketing, and maintenance of Wind Turbines. Come and join us at Vestas!
Global Manufacturing -> Engineering & Business Service Centre -> SCM EBSC
Supply chain management supports direct material buying, transportation, production planning, CAPEX buying & logistics coordination and ensures to deliver the required materials on time in full, at a minimal cost to all global Vestas factories, sites and wind farms.
Department's goal is to achieve 100% timely deliverables to all stakeholders along with process initiatives. This department is operating globally, so an international experience comes with the job. We are looking for skilled personals who are well structured, well organized and ready to work in an international Environment with many cultural differences. You need to be able to handle large amount of data, coordinating with various stake holders
- PO creation as per SAP-MRP signals
- Negotiate delivery expedites with critical suppliers
- Explore and suggest all available alternate options to mitigate risk in item delivery and production stop
- Update Order confirmation into SAP as per confirmation received from supplier
- Support follow up for Order confirmation compliance from supplier within agreed timeline
- PO maintenance - Expedite/defer/cancel deliveries as per MRP signals
- Support in report generation for analytics and MIS tracking
- Track shipments based on the info provide by LSP/Supplier/Vestas Transport system
- Liaise with supplier in case if deliveries don't turn up and provide early warnings on delays/decommits
- Should be able to create/amend process flows as and when new changes are updated in process
- Should be able to support during crisis - volume spike / process changes
- Own and drive KPI adherence and improvements, meeting SLA
- Any graduation, preferably certification in supply chain and logistics management
- 3-5 yrs of experience as a Buyer dealing with end to end SCM
- Having experience in direct procurement, logistics and transport Process
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Expertise with SAP ERP MM or TM modules
- Good written and verbal communication skills and able to speak with conviction
- Highly self-motivated, driven work ethic, keen attention to details and exceptional customer service orientation
- Innovative mind set to explore potential opportunities & propose changes within sphere of influence and drive towards process standardization
- High level of knowledge on supply chain process
- Strong stake holder management
- Problem solving ability
- Risk handling and crisis management
- Good team player with excellent coordination skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal negotiation skills
What We Offer
You'll have the opportunity to help strengthen the position of Vestas in a key market for the company with excellent perspectives of growth.
Join Vestas and you'll cultivate your career in an inspiring environment at the world's leading wind turbine producer, which has an ongoing dedication to sustainability. We value individual initiative, the desire to take on responsibility, and the right balance between creativity and quality in all solutions. At Vestas your success is our success.
Your primary work location would be in Chennai
Please note: We do amend or withdraw our jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date. Please be advised to apply on or before 31st March 2023
Vestas is the energy industry’s global partner on sustainable energy solutions. We are specialised in designing, manufacturing, installing, and servicing wind turbines, both onshore and offshore.
Across the globe, we have installed more wind power than anyone else. We consider ourselves pioneers within the industry, as we continuously aim to design new solutions and technologies to create a more sustainable future for all of us. With more than 145 GW of wind power installed worldwide and 40+ years of experience in wind energy, we have an unmatched track record demonstrating our expertise within the field.
With 29,000 employees globally, we are a diverse team united by a common goal: to power the solution – today, tomorrow, and far into the future.
Vestas promotes a diverse workforce which embraces all social identities and is free of any discrimination. We commit to create and sustain an environment that acknowledges and harvests different experiences, skills, and perspectives. We also aim to give everyone equal access to opportunity.
To learn more about our company and life at Vestas, we invite you to visit our website at www.vestas.com and follow us on our social media channels. We also encourage you to join our Talent Universe to receive notifications on new and relevant postings.