Assistant Lead / Lead Engineer - DFx Simulation
4 days ago
Quality Improvements and Processes > New Product Master > Man. Readiness - TOW, EL & Simulation
Manufacturing Readiness Tower, Electrical &Simulation is part of the New Product Master department and has the responsibility of verifying the design of new Vestas' WTG products including maturing the manufacturing for our serial producing factories & in construction sites..
- Create detailed technical scope document incorporating work breakdown structure (WBS), time estimations, budget requirement, Interdependencies, intended output results to carry out Virtual Assembly process validation
- Execute Virtual Build (Virtual Assembly process validation - DFx) independently by adhering to the standards, guidelines, and processes to deliver superior quality of the deliverables
- Execution process includes but not limited to: To collect & understand the required inputs, Execute / support EBOM to MBOM Creation, Tool Selection, Virtual time study, Virtual assembly process validation (DFx ) both static & dynamic simulation with respect to the interaction between product, process, Tools and facility details, facility validation, Identification of the build issues, generation of the solution from Design / process change perspective, stakeholder update and secure implementation of the solution into the product/process design
- Execute by collaborating with various value chain stakeholders namely New Product Maser, Production Engineering, Engineering Development, Modules, Construction, Service & others for successful product build
- Adherence to the quality standards on Virtual OSOS (Virtual Assembly process / 3D process validation) and work to exceed the expectations
- To develop corporate resource library on various Tools (3D) & drive to reduce Assembly Process variation for a given product line across various geographical region
- Relentlessly drive efficiency improvement, lead time reduction, Innovation & new technology adoption towards Industry 4.0 perspective
- To create various specific guidelines / standards and work with subject matter experts towards its approval and implementation
- Assure integrated product and process development through technical reviews and be part of decision making
- Assure build to print for (early development stages until) series production
- Contributo in DVPL / PVPL / D-FMEA / P-FMEA discussion
- Bachelors / Masters – Mechanical Engineering / Production Engineering / Similar
- Overall relevant experience: 6~ 12 Yrs minimum
- Shop floor experience in Manufacturing Assembly line in production / Process design engineering for 2 Years minimum. Experience in relevant Heavy engineering or Automotive industry required
- Experience in Sheet metal component design, Light & heavy fabrication manufacturing experience
- High level of proficiency in DFx guidelines per regulatory standards specific to various geographical regions
- Experience to work in Agile methodology environment
- Proven track record of delivering one stop solution with the vision of eliminating / significantly reducing the build issues
- Good Leadership and influencing capabilities within a matrix organization
- Know how to handle your stakeholders efficiently by building and maintaining relations
- Mandatory Hands-on experience in Digital Manufacturing technology suite of product (preferably Siemens Teamcenter Manufacturing / Technomatics suite) with focus on solution is mandatory
- High Proficiency in Siemens tools is required, Process Simulate, Teamcenter Manufacturing Process Planner, Teamcenter Vismockup, MTM, TiCON (or any relevant process time study tools)
- Requires CAD Design Experience in PTC Creo/Catia & ability to handle all types of CAD data Extraction, Translation & loading
- Speak and write English at a high-level competency in additional languages is advantageous
- Expected travel: 28 days in a year (Within or outside of India)
What We Offer
Lifetime opportunity to be part of and drive towards Vestas Visualization Strategy
To work on cutting edge technology for a Wind energy major
Your primary workplace will be in Chennai, India.
Please note: We do amend or withdraw our jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date. Please be advised to apply on or before 10th June 2023.
Vestas is the energy industry’s global partner on sustainable energy solutions. We are specialised in designing, manufacturing, installing, and servicing wind turbines, both onshore and offshore.
Across the globe, we have installed more wind power than anyone else. We consider ourselves pioneers within the industry, as we continuously aim to design new solutions and technologies to create a more sustainable future for all of us. With more than 145 GW of wind power installed worldwide and 40+ years of experience in wind energy, we have an unmatched track record demonstrating our expertise within the field.
With 29,000 employees globally, we are a diverse team united by a common goal: to power the solution – today, tomorrow, and far into the future.
Vestas promotes a diverse workforce which embraces all social identities and is free of any discrimination. We commit to create and sustain an environment that acknowledges and harvests different experiences, skills, and perspectives. We also aim to give everyone equal access to opportunity.
To learn more about our company and life at Vestas, we invite you to visit our website at www.vestas.com and follow us on our social media channels. We also encourage you to join our Talent Universe to receive notifications on new and relevant postings.