Service > Global Service Operations, Quality & HSE > Global Operations Resource Support
Vestas Wind System is the world leader in the wind industry covering 5 continents and developing new geographical areas in Green energy.
At Global Operational Support we are responsible for servicing our wind turbines globally, which requires the best of knowledge and skills of dedicated professionals. We aim to be the No. 1 performing business unit within Vestas and we aim to make Vestas the best place to work.
As a Project Manager, you'll oversee your project portfolio, ensuring timely delivery within budget while upholding safety and quality standards. Your duties encompass efficient resource allocation, adept relationship management with stakeholders like customers, contractors, and suppliers, and enhancing team skill development. Your expertise will extend to risk management, subcontractor oversight, and meticulous documentation, ensuring reporting is timely and professional.
- Coordinate the project organization whilst engaging the team in continuous improvement
- Responsible for the day-to-day communication and alignment with the customer
- Implement and adhere to Vesta’s management systems including project management, HSE, and quality standards
- Ensure effective project planning and control as well as perform risk management to minimize project risks
- Monitor project progress, budget, and performance on a continuous basis
- Responsible for overseeing the work of sub-contractors, allocating and utilizing resources in an efficient manner, and maintaining a cooperative and effective team
- Report, communicate, and escalate to the Project Director or Steering Group as needed and ensure comprehensive project documentation is created and maintained
- Background in Engineering, Contractual studies, or Project Management.
- Solid understanding of the Stage-Gate model.
- 5-8 years of experience in a related industry
- Proven capabilities in Risk Management.
- Keen commercial insights.
- A balanced understanding of both contractual and technical aspects. Culturally astute with a respect for diverse environments.
- Great interpersonal skills and ability to coach, motivate, and direct people
- Intercultural awareness and skills to supervise and align intercultural teams
- Ability to handle sensitive situations with a diplomatic approach
- Customer-focused and solution-oriented
- Solid ability to overview the financial aspects of projects and act on deviations
- Open-minded and good at sharing and gathering information within a team
- Safety and quality mindset
What We Offer
We offer an exciting job with significant opportunities for professional and personal development in an inspiring, progressive, high-achieving, and international work environment in the sustainable energy sector. We value initiative, responsibility and creativity.
Primary Location: Romania or Denmark.
Applications are reviewed on an ongoing basis however, please note we do amend or withdraw our jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date. Please be advised to apply on or before 09.11.2023.
Vestas is the energy industry’s global partner on sustainable energy solutions. We are specialised in designing, manufacturing, installing, and servicing wind turbines, both onshore and offshore.
Across the globe, we have installed more wind power than anyone else. We consider ourselves pioneers within the industry, as we continuously aim to design new solutions and technologies to create a more sustainable future for all of us. With more than 145 GW of wind power installed worldwide and 40+ years of experience in wind energy, we have an unmatched track record demonstrating our expertise within the field.
With 29,000 employees globally, we are a diverse team united by a common goal: to power the solution – today, tomorrow, and far into the future.
Vestas promotes a diverse workforce which embraces all social identities and is free of any discrimination. We commit to create and sustain an environment that acknowledges and harvests different experiences, skills, and perspectives. We also aim to give everyone equal access to opportunity.
To learn more about our company and life at Vestas, we invite you to visit our website at www.vestas.com and follow us on our social media channels. We also encourage you to join our Talent Universe to receive notifications on new and relevant postings.