At Global Repair Blades, we are refurbishing used blades for recycling, both in our facilities in Brighton CO, and Lem, DK, and as pop-up projects globally. We are working with and have knowledge of all Vestas blade types. The keywords for our work are Safety, Quality, Well-being, and Delivery on time.
- Draw up master schedule to establish sequence and lead time of each operation to meet shipping dates according to sales forecasts or customer orders.
- Evaluate production specifications and plant capacity data and performs mathematical calculations to determine processes, tools, and human resource requirements
- Update technicians work scheduled.
- Coordinate activities of all departments responsible for delivering products to customers on plan
- Provide the weekly and yearly production plans
- Create, distribute, and maintain Service repair Orders according to the plan.
- Create and maintain PO's
- Coordinate with team leaders, supervisor, warehouse, purchasing and shipping departments to monitor the progress of work through the organization
- Evaluate and determine lead-time and safety stock levels for manufactured items
- Evaluate material usage and initiate BOM changes and process improvements as needed
- Coordinate periodic and annual inventory counts
- Plan and execute stock cont.
- Review service repair Orders for labor and material cost accuracy
- Close service repair Orders and work with Finance on material and labor cost deviations
- Assist with scheduling repairs
- Train Production personnel on performing inventory transactions and material management process improvements
- Assist with ongoing projects such as Kanban set-up, uncontrolled floor stock and backflushing
- Plan and schedule workflow for each department and operation according to previously established manufacturing sequences and lead times
- Plan sequence of fabrication, assembly, installation, and other manufacturing operations for guidance of technicians.
- Expedite operations that delay schedules and alter schedules to meet unforeseen conditions
- Prepare Daily management reports
- Prepare lists of required materials, tools, and equipment
- Work on other projects as needed
- Other tasks as assigned
- Ability to complete daily and weekly reports
- Ability to manage ERP systems
- Regular and reliable attendance
- Ability to work effectively with others
- Solve problems analytically; search out relevant information and gauge its importance when making decisions
- Effective written and oral communication skills; able to express oneself clearly and in technical and non-technical terms in English
- Ability to translate specific goals into action and follow through to achieve goals
- Bachelor of Science in Production Engineering ideally. Three to five years direct planning experience.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to other employees of the organization.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations
What We Offer
We offer an exciting Management position with great development opportunities in an inspiring environment at the world's number one wind turbine producer. We value initiative, responsibility, and accuracy. You will become part of an international environment with a commitment to sustainability and safety and you will work among colleagues that take care of each other.
Great benefits coverage that includes dental and vision
Generous Paid Time Off policies
Highly developed Training Program
Global bonus program
Salary range offered: $65,000 - $75,000
CCPA Notice for California Applicants
Vestas is the energy industry’s global partner on sustainable energy solutions. We specialize in designing, manufacturing, installing, and servicing wind turbines, both onshore and offshore.
Across the globe, we have installed more wind power than our competitors in the renewable energy arena. We consider ourselves forerunners within the industry, as Vestas continuously aims to design new solutions and technologies to create a more sustainable future for all of us. With more than 145 GW of wind power installed worldwide and 40+ years of experience in wind energy, Vestas has an unmatched history demonstrating our expertise within the field.
With 29,000 employees globally, Vestas is a diverse team united by a common goal: to power the solution – today, tomorrow, and far into the future.
Vestas promotes a diverse workforce which embraces all social identities and is free of any discrimination. We commit to create and sustain an environment that acknowledges and harvests different experiences, skills, and perspectives, and gives everyone equal access to opportunity.
To learn more about our company and life at Vestas, we invite you to visit our website at www.vestas.com and follow us on our social media channels. We also encourage you to join our Talent Universe to receive notifications on new and relevant postings.