As Legal Counsel for Vestas Northern & Central Europe, you will be a member of a diverse, global team that supports wind turbine sales in over 30 countries. Among other things, you will: draft and negotiate wind turbine sales, operations and maintenance, procurement and related agreements; work on multi-jurisdictional projects and initiatives; address corporate formation and governance issues; supervise litigation and disputes; advise on regulatory and compliance-related requirements; and field general legal questions. You will be expected to provide pragmatic, timely and actionable advice to clients in a complex international business environment.
Our Legal & Compliance team, with over a dozen nationalities sitting in almost as many offices, aims to add a new team member in Berlin (DE).
- Support international sales, service, construction and procurement matters in the Vestas NCE markets. Bring innovative, business-oriented solutions. Provide unbiased strategic and legal counsel to the business
- Ensure compliance with national legislation, internal rules and group guidelines
- Examine complex legal cases, including risk-assessment and elaborate on solutions for risk mitigation
- Assist the business development team with entry into new markets
- Work with the rest of the legal team to pursue a path of continuous improvement
- Report to Director (Transactions), NCE Legal & Compliance and with line reporting to Senior Vice President, NCE Legal & Compliance
- Qualification as a full lawyer in Germany (Volljurist/in) with min. 5 years of work experience, in a law firm or in a multinational, matrixed organization
- Demonstrated commitment to quality, business outcomes and client satisfaction
- Profound experience in renewables, construction, manufacturing and infrastructure projects or other industries, e.g. Oil & Gas sector or Construction industry
- Proven experience drafting English- and German-language contracts (e.g. FIDIC Contracts beneficial, not mandatory)
- Innovative and independent, and enjoys working as part of a close-knit and motivated team
- Demonstrated stakeholder management skills
- Ability to effectively influence and communicate within all levels of a global organisation, as well as with third parties
- Ability to prioritise among competing urgent matters and allocate resources for maximum impact
- Ability to assess complex problems and apply legal principles, facts and precedents to recommend adoption of an effective, practical and proper course of action
- Accountability and integrity
- Proven commitment to continuous improvement
- Flexibility with travel, based on company needs
- Fluency: German and English, including legal and business terminology
We offer an exciting job at a well-known wind turbine producer. We value initiative, responsibility and accuracy. You will become part of a diverse and highly-motivated team where colleagues take care of one another.
The position will be based in Berlin (DE).
Applications are handled on an ongoing basis. Please apply online with your letter of motivation and CV as soon as possible.
All inquiries are treated confidentially.
Vestas is the energy industry’s global partner on sustainable energy solutions. We are specialised in designing, manufacturing, installing, and servicing wind turbines, both onshore and offshore.
Across the globe, we have installed more wind power than anyone else. We consider ourselves pioneers within the industry, as we continuously aim to design new solutions and technologies to create a more sustainable future for all of us. With more than 173 GW of wind power installed worldwide and 40+ years of experience in wind energy, we have an unmatched track record demonstrating our expertise within the field.
With 29,000 employees globally, we are a diverse team united by a common goal: to power the solution – today, tomorrow, and far into the future.
Vestas promotes a diverse workforce which embraces all social identities and is free of any discrimination. We commit to create and sustain an environment that acknowledges and harvests different experiences, skills, and perspectives. We also aim to give everyone equal access to opportunity.
To learn more about our company and life at Vestas, we invite you to visit our website at www.vestas.com and follow us on our social media channels. We also encourage you to join our Talent Universe to receive notifications on new and relevant postings.