Main Component Travel Repair Wind Technician II-South US Region
Austin, TX, United States
12 days ago
Traveling position that would be based in and around your geographical area. We are hiring thought the South and South West, as well as Canada. You could also potentially travel to: OK, TX and NM
This department is looking for experienced technicians to perform major repairs and component changeouts on many different O&M platforms. There is room to grow with Vestas in this newer department within the company!
Then consider joining our Repair Team to travel to our sites across North America and grow and train with the best in the wind industry.
This position is remote requiring 100% travel and an hourly paid position. With travel, overtime and other supplemental earnings, repair technicians may have the ability to earn over $100,000 per year!
- Ability to travel 100% of the time and also requires working overtime, including working a variable work schedule as needed to meet business goals
- Performs intermediate level wind turbine maintenance and installation tasks as assigned. This includes proficient operation and use of tools (including but not limited to specialized calibration, hydraulic, power tools) and basic turbine equipment. Documents tasks where required and enters data into company system, such as SAP
- Acts as a safety role model, encourages and recognizes others completing safe acts and intervenes when unsafe acts are being practiced. Adheres to all safety standards and procedures. Identifies gaps in safety standards as well as safety risks in the environment, implements effective risk mitigation and provides recommendations to higher level technical staff and management
- Effectively gathers information regarding turbine performance / issues. May diagnose, recommend, and implement solutions up to intermediate routine issues. Seeks assistance when encountering turbine issues outside trained skill level to ensure a suitable resolution
- Follows basic structured problem-solving process to complete troubleshooting and diagnostic tasks to include the use of diagnostic tools (e.g. basic fluke meter functions, hydraulic pressure gauge). Initiates and performs most work tasks with limited supervision and follows defined instructions and maintenance schedules, completing plans as directed and performs according to written and verbal instruction from higher level technical staff
- Effectively promotes a healthy team environment through assisting teammates in accomplishing goals as well as mentoring lower level technical staff. Visibly supports and promotes team spirit and collaboration, supports change initiatives and looks for improvement opportunities to job-appropriate processes and procedures while communicating through appropriate channels to implements improvements using the appropriate control management protocol
- Interfaces with customer and may respond to customer inquiries. Will refer complex customer inquiries to higher level technical staff or manager. Demonstrates professional customer focus at all times
- Required - High school diploma or equivalent
- Preferred - Post high school education (ie wind school, trade school, college) or a minimum 1-2 years wind industry experience – electrical experience, including ability to read electrical drawings
- Ability to demonstrate intermediate working knowledge of industrial safety practices / protocols (e.g. Confined Space, energy isolation). Ability to complete detailed component inspections and report on findings
- Valid Driver’s License and ability to obtain a Passport
- Significant attention to detail and execution, good interpersonal and customer relation skills, and the ability to effectively collaborate with employees at all professional levels and ability to respectfully follow supervision and support initiatives
- Basic computer operation skills, familiarity with internet based program navigation, and ability to generate and interpret computer data
- Willingness to embrace and promote Vestas’ commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging
- Ability to read, comprehend and write in English
- Ability to climb stairs and ladders 60-125 meters in height, ability to lift, push/pull, carry items up to 50 lbs. in weight, and the ability to stand, stoop, kneel, and bend for prolonged periods of time
- Ability to grip and manually manipulate, often with repetitive motion, items such as, but not limited to, hand tools, turbine parts and comfort working in confined spaces and at heights over 100 meters
- Ability to effectively participate in all training courses, including high-angle rescue and training
- Periodic walking, ability to hear and use close range radios, and having efficient field of vision including visual depth perception and ability to distinguish colors
- Able to work in demanding physical and inclement weather conditions
- Comfortable working remotely with limited supervisory interaction
POSITION: TRAVELING TURBINE TECH II
What we offer
As a member of the Vestas team, we offer an attractive salary and one of the most comprehensive benefits plans in the industry. Among the many amenities we offer:
- Healthcare, dental, vision, tuition assistance
- 6 weeks’ vacation, plus paid travel home 7 times a year
- generous 401(k) plan 100% match up to 6 %.
- Daily per diem, company car and credit card
It is the policy of Vestas to afford equal employment opportunity without regard to age, race, religion, color, gender, or national origin, and to afford equal opportunity to veterans and team members with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, provincial, or local law. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application or interview process should notify a representative within the People & Culture department.
CCPA Notice for California Applicants
Vestas is the energy industry’s global partner on sustainable energy solutions. We specialize in designing, manufacturing, installing, and servicing wind turbines, both onshore and offshore.
Across the globe, we have installed more wind power than our competitors in the renewable energy arena. We consider ourselves forerunners within the industry, as Vestas continuously aims to design new solutions and technologies to create a more sustainable future for all of us. With more than 145 GW of wind power installed worldwide and 40+ years of experience in wind energy, Vestas has an unmatched history demonstrating our expertise within the field.
With 29,000 employees globally, Vestas is a diverse team united by a common goal: to power the solution – today, tomorrow, and far into the future.
Vestas promotes a diverse workforce which embraces all social identities and is free of any discrimination. We commit to create and sustain an environment that acknowledges and harvests different experiences, skills, and perspectives, and gives everyone equal access to opportunity.
To learn more about our company and life at Vestas, we invite you to visit our website at www.vestas.com and follow us on our social media channels. We also encourage you to join our Talent Universe to receive notifications on new and relevant postings.