The AME Serious Incidents team's purpose is to allow VAME to provide a safe, efficient, and uniform response in cases of significant component damage, customer visibility, and safety risk. The SI team consolidates the expertise of many groups across the Vestas organization to assist in safe approach, damage assessment, component removal and replacement, and root cause investigation.
Responsible for leading wind turbine decommissioning and installation activities due to serious incident events (thermal, extreme environmental conditions, etc). Work closely with Service and Construction site management, QSE, Engineering, and other support functions for successful project execution. Coordinate, schedule and direct work of onsite personnel, contractors and customers for decommissioning and installation activities. Oversee inventory and tool ordering, usage and tracking. Mitigate delays and undue expenses, execute work in accordance to scope and budget targets.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Minimum three (3) years technical wind industry experience as Lead Tech, preferred construction or extensive major component replacement / installation experience.
- Experience assembling and usage of large component rigging, tools, and devices used for turbine installation.
- Certified in rigging inspection and crane calling.
- Demonstrated use and understanding of advanced level power tools such as hydraulic, power torque and diagnostic tools.
- Ability to demonstrate advanced working knowledge of industrial safety practices / protocols (e.g. Confined Space, energy isolation).
- Valid Driver's License and ability to obtain a Passport.
- Strong attention to detail and execution excellence.
- Good interpersonal and customer relation skills.
- Able to effectively collaborate with employees at all professional levels and ability to respectfully follow supervision and support initiatives.
- Ability to read, interpret and understand drawings and schematics to validate work activity and ensure that risks are identified and mitigated.
- Performs first approach assessment and inspection of project scope, data collection and equipment evaluation.
- Outlines decommissioning plan, tooling needs, project personnel requirements, etc.
- Creates, communicates, and monitors updates to Plan of Day for key stakeholders.
- Leads execution of decommissioning and installations activities for projects.
- Ensures proper tooling and certifications are made available.
- Implements quality checks and verifications are performed.
- Responsible for equipment inspections, reports, and documentation is appropriately recorded and stored.
- Supports project manager in development of budget and project scope of work.
- Other project duties as required.
- Ability to read, comprehend and write in English.
- Ability to climb stairs and ladders 60-125 meters in height.
- Ability to lift, push, pull, carries items up to 50 lbs in weight.
- Ability to stand, stoop, kneel, and bend for prolonged periods of time.
- Ability to grip and manually manipulate, often with repetitive motion, items such as, but not limited to, hand tools, turbine parts.
- Comfort working in confined spaces and at heights over 100 meters.
- Ability to successfully participate in all training courses, including high-angle rescue and training.
- Periodic walking.
- Ability to hear and use close range radios.
- Strong field of vision including visual depth perception and ability to distinguish colors.
- Able to work in demanding physical and inclement weather conditions.
- Comfort working remotely with limited supervisory interaction.
- Flexibility related to work places, extensive travel required.
What We Offer
As a member of the Vestas team, we offer an attractive salary and one of the most comprehensive benefits plans in the industry. Among the many amenities we offer:
Healthcare; dental; vision; 6 weeks’ vacation, plus paid travel home 7 times a year; generous 401(k) plan; tuition assistance; Daily per diem, company car and credit card. 100% match for 401 K plan up to 6 %.
Target Pay Range: $38 to $45+ per hour
It is the policy of Vestas to afford equal employment opportunity without regard to age, race, religion, color, gender, or national origin, and to afford equal opportunity to veterans and team members with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, provincial, or local law. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application or interview process should notify a representative within the People & Culture department.
CCPA Notice for California Applicants
Vestas is the energy industry’s global partner on sustainable energy solutions. We specialize in designing, manufacturing, installing, and servicing wind turbines, both onshore and offshore.
Across the globe, we have installed more wind power than our competitors in the renewable energy arena. We consider ourselves forerunners within the industry, as Vestas continuously aims to design new solutions and technologies to create a more sustainable future for all of us. With more than 145 GW of wind power installed worldwide and 40+ years of experience in wind energy, Vestas has an unmatched history demonstrating our expertise within the field.
With 29,000 employees globally, Vestas is a diverse team united by a common goal: to power the solution – today, tomorrow, and far into the future.
Vestas promotes a diverse workforce which embraces all social identities and is free of any discrimination. We commit to create and sustain an environment that acknowledges and harvests different experiences, skills, and perspectives, and gives everyone equal access to opportunity.
To learn more about our company and life at Vestas, we invite you to visit our website at www.vestas.com and follow us on our social media channels. We also encourage you to join our Talent Universe to receive notifications on new and relevant postings.