Full-Time| Project Portfolio Management
Job Title: Field Engineering Lead
This department is responsible for the overall leadership, management, and completed project of the personnel, equipment and subcontractors required to install wind turbine generator facilities.
The Field Engineer, in partnership with the Construction Manager, will consistently meet and exceed key standards & performance in the areas of safety & behavior, execution quality, team alignment/engagement/motivation, customer loyalty, and financial performance. They will be a key member of a highly effective team that is focused on continuous improvement and achieving high-level results. Growth is measured against Key Performance Indicators, organizational goals/initiatives, and meeting customer commitments.
The Field Engineer reports directly to the Project Manager, Construction Manager, Site Manager or Site Supervisor on the construction project. The Lead FE will split supporting all ongoing construction projects with the other Lead FE, providing assistance and mentorship to the Field Engineer Level 1s and 2s within their respective projects as required.
Reporting directly to the Construction Manager, ideal candidate will work to define site level safety practices and protocol in alignment with organizational standards. Leads by example by following safety procedures and behaviors. Champions the journey to an incident, injury and illness free culture and environment. Maintains close partnership with the Health, Safety and Environment department.
- Monitors project schedule, documenting any delays that could potentially affect schedule and project milestones. Works with Contracts department to ensure any cost overruns are correctly documented and back charged to applicable contractor. Utilizes various project software including Procore, Microsoft Excel and SAP to continuously monitor and record site progress, project schedule changes and submit daily forecasts to customer and sub-contractors to effectively coordinate site operations- Establishes and maintains highly effective relationships with the customer, BOP Contractor, Subcontractors, and internal partners. Pursues "ambassador" status with customer(s) to maintain a site that is focused on customer loyalty skills. Demonstrates basic understanding of wind turbine technology and work practices to assist facilitate efficient cost management. Audits installation and commissioning technician progress and provides suggestions for improvements.
- Reviews and validates all quality documentation, and site-based change orders. Prepares documentation and backup package for CM and PM. Communicates any quality documentation deficiencies with BOP contractor as needed.
- Ensures site data is updated and processed in a timely manner in the appropriate information systems for reporting and tracking purposes including summary of construction progress. Works with construction management team to submit and upload project milestone certifications.
- Responsible for installation quality, auditing each phase of turbine build and establishing the standard with the contractor / crews. Continuously monitors quality to the established standard, ay deviations to standard are documented in punch list.
- Evaluates workmanship, results, tooling, and leadership of installation crews, provides feedback and documentation to CM and procurement.
- Inspects work during construction to ensure compliance with plans and specifications. Represents Vestas values and displays high standards of performance. Coaches, mentors, and develops technicians.
- Coordinates with Lead Tech / Construction Manager each morning to compose daily POD and distribute to Vestas management, BOP, and customer.
- Continuously updates and monitors site progress from offload to HOTS on project tracker and SitePro
- Reports Weekly to the Project Control Office the Necessary data to feed the Systems and Tracking controls for the Project Execution
- Acts as the main liaison for any Procore related questions or tasks, including adding new users to Procore, uploading project documentation, verifying completion of inspections, etc.
- Confirms that all site documentation including commissioning startup checklists, SIFs, and project contract certificates are completed and archived correctly.
- Reviews BOP submitted job books to ensure accuracy and completion prior to scheduling the mechanical walkdown.
- Performs Daily QC inspections to ensure the upcoming issues are being addressed on site and documented properly.
- Bachelor's degree or Advanced Technical degree in Civil / Mechanical / Electrical Engineering related field or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in wind, energy, industrial or civil construction- Proficiency in contractor / subcontractor FE management, including mobilization / demobilization, pre-qualification requirements and post-work assessment
- Dedication to upholding Vesta’s standard of safety throughout their day to day operations
- Experience in conducting Inspections and Site Audits. Previous technical knowledge of wind turbine construction and operation
- Must have a valid driver's license and ability to travel, sometimes extensively, between project sites on short notice.
- Ability to constantly climb stairs and ladders 60-125 meters in height to gain access to work area.
- GWO training package (work at heights, firefighting, first aid and ergonomics). If GWO is not yet available in the country equivalent training is needed. TTC representative to assess if equivalency is met.
- High attention to detail
- Proficiency with computer programs including but limited to Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook), SAP, Procore- Leadership and mentoring skills.
- Effective communication
- Ability to take lessons learned and help advance process changes.
Vestas is the energy industry’s global partner on sustainable energy solutions. We are specialised in designing, manufacturing, installing, and servicing wind turbines, both onshore and offshore.
Across the globe, we have installed more wind power than anyone else. We consider ourselves pioneers within the industry, as we continuously aim to design new solutions and technologies to create a more sustainable future for all of us. With more than 173 GW of wind power installed worldwide and 40+ years of experience in wind energy, we have an unmatched track record demonstrating our expertise within the field.
With 29,000 employees globally, we are a diverse team united by a common goal: to power the solution – today, tomorrow, and far into the future.
Vestas promotes a diverse workforce which embraces all social identities and is free of any discrimination. We commit to create and sustain an environment that acknowledges and harvests different experiences, skills, and perspectives. We also aim to give everyone equal access to opportunity.
To learn more about our company and life at Vestas, we invite you to visit our website at www.vestas.com and follow us on our social media channels. We also encourage you to join our Talent Universe to receive notifications on new and relevant postings.