Site Manager - Wind Energy - Kulm, North Dakota
Ashley, ND, United States
9 days ago
As Site Manager for Vestas you’ll use your skills and experience to supervise and develop teams that model Vestas values and produce high-level results against key performance indicators and operational goals. Key accountabilities include safety leadership, operational fluidity/achievement, and financial performance. You will be engaged in technical problem solving, handling the site budget, promoting operational efficiency, and coordinating customer accounts and service contracts.
- Promote safety culture at the site to improve site safety performance
- Develop technician/team to ensure effective and efficient operation of the wind turbine plant
- Establish an effective working relationship with the customer to deliver to contract
- Meet budgetary cost targets to deliver service at or below the cost plan target for site service contracts
- Utilize team to deliver optimal wind turbine performance through quality scheduled maintenance and efficient troubleshooting
- Proven business management skills to include financial management/cost control, contractual compliance, and performance management skills
- Experience supervising a team of employees to safely carry out work in a complex environment
- Demonstrated leadership skills and ability in coaching, mentoring, motivating and developing employees to achieve a highly aligned, motivated and engaged team. Effective change and conflict management. Proven decision-making ability with balanced risk taking.
- Knowledge and experience with effective safety programs, practices and procedures
- Highly motivated, accountability and ownership. Functions effectively in a time-sensitive setting in environments of rapid change and conflicting demands.
- Continuous improvement and quality methodology skills. Effective issue resolution and structured problem solving
- Previous budgeting, cost center, and P&L management experience preferred
- Experience scheduling, administering and supervising projects to achieve fruitful outcome
- Demonstrated ability to achieve Customer Loyalty Standards through effective relationships and demonstration of value differentiation. Skilled negotiation and customer service skills
- 2-3 years' management experience, e.g. in a related service, industrial or manufacturing setting.
- Ability to regularly work at the service site and travel within the site (to various turbines) as needed.
- Demonstrated ability to build and supervise a hard-working team / operation.
- Technical background, hydraulic or rotating heavy equipment ; knowledge of technical drawings and schematics preferred. Ability to understand and utilize technical language.
- Solid English communications skills (verbal, listening, written, meeting management, presentation).
- Valid driver's license, passport and ability to travel as needed to meet business milestones.
- Established PC computer skills (MS Office) required, SAP knowledge highly preferred. MS Office - Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
What we offer
We offer an exciting Management position with great development opportunities in an inspiring environment at the world's number one wind turbine producer. We value initiative, responsibility, and accuracy. You will become part of an international environment with a commitment to sustainability and safety and you will work among colleagues that take care of each other.
- Great benefits coverage that includes dental and vision
- Generous Paid Time Off policies
- 401(k) plan
- Tuition assistance
- Highly developed Training Program
- Global bonus program