SBU NCE > Onshore Central > Service Benelux > Curacao
Purpose and reason for the existence of the job
The Service department is responsible for service and maintenance of the wind turbines within the Caribbean. The department has an open and informal culture, where teamwork and good communication is the key to our growth. You will have the opportunity to work in an exciting industry and in a team of highly motivated employees.
- Develop a detailed knowledge of our wind turbines
- Enable you to perform daily maintenance and other field related tasks
- Responsible for electrical and mechanical operations
- Covering installation activities, usage of our systems like Condition Monitoring / Remote Control, creating follow up orders
- You will work with high voltage
- Working to the highest safety and environmental standards whilst ensuring that targets are met, you will be part of a team of Technicians (f/m/d) working throughout the region
- Other tasks will be to carry out periodic inspections in accordance with Vesta's specifications together with component replacement (electrical, mechanical, and hydraulic) and troubleshooting on the systems
- Have the ability to travel for work when necessary
- Experience or degree in electricity or mechanics
- Hydraulic experience
- Basic knowledge of MS Office
- Very good knowledge of Dutch and English
- Driver's license class B
- Minimum diploma MBO4 in electrical or mechanical
- Comfortable with working at heights
- Safety awareness
- Open and friendly attitude
- Good organizational skills
- Good interpersonal and customer relation skills
- Willing to travel outside your home country
What we Offer
We offer a creative job, an advanced learning environment, and opportunities for a career at a global wind turbine manufacturer.
You will become part of a highly professional environment in a growing industry. An attractive salary and benefits package is included.
Vestas is the energy industry’s global partner on sustainable energy solutions. We are specialised in designing, manufacturing, installing, and servicing wind turbines, both onshore and offshore.
Across the globe, we have installed more wind power than anyone else. We consider ourselves pioneers within the industry, as we continuously aim to design new solutions and technologies to create a more sustainable future for all of us. With more than 145 GW of wind power installed worldwide and 40+ years of experience in wind energy, we have an unmatched track record demonstrating our expertise within the field.
With 29,000 employees globally, we are a diverse team united by a common goal: to power the solution – today, tomorrow, and far into the future.
Vestas promotes a diverse workforce which embraces all social identities and is free of any discrimination. We commit to create and sustain an environment that acknowledges and harvests different experiences, skills, and perspectives. We also aim to give everyone equal access to opportunity.
To learn more about our company and life at Vestas, we invite you to visit our website at www.vestas.com and follow us on our social media channels. We also encourage you to join our Talent Universe to receive notifications on new and relevant postings.