Apprentice Service Technician
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
8 days ago
Do you have the desire and determination to become a wind turbine service technician? Do you have a passion for renewable energy and sustainable solutions? Would you like an opportunity to gain a HND qualification in engineering, whilst working for a company at the forefront of technology? Join us on our journey towards a greener future!
Region NCE > Service Offshore NCE > SERV OFS C2 Apprentices & Students - UK
You will join our Service UK team in Scotland (must live at an address within Scotland) and enroll in a 4-year apprenticeship program. This will provide an opportunity to learn the key skills and qualifications required to become a fully qualified Service Technician with Vestas. The role will be blended learning, split between college (classroom and workshop) for 2 years, working towards a HND in Electrical Engineering (Monday to Friday). Followed by a further 2 years of site based practical learning, working amongst our service teams, gaining further experience and training.
- Compliance to Vestas' Health & safety, Quality, Operational procedures
- Complete a 2-year HND electrical engineering course at college
- Work at various Vestas windfarm locations, amongst our service teams
- Complete a Vestas qualification & authorization workbook
- Maintenance & service of electrical and mechanical systems
- Collaborate with support functions and colleagues
- Higher Qualifications in a related subject, preferably Math's, Physics or Engineering Science
- National 5 qualifications in the core subject grades 5-9 must have been completed
- Scottish National (to be eligible for funding)
- Good knowledge of MS office
- Driving license category B
- Comfortable working at heights & in a marine environment
- An interest in how things work and electrical / mechanical principles and desire to get experience
- Good time management
- Safety focused, accountable, adaptable, proactive mindset
- Ability to be efficient, keep tasks simple and ensure they are delivered
- Willingness to travel as required
- Problem solver who will positively seek support
What we offer
We offer an exciting role with great opportunities for vocational and personal development at a global wind turbine manufacturer. You will become part of a highly professional environment in a significantly expanding industry. You will work with a great colleagues that support each other and work together. You will have the opportunity to embrace & contribute to a safe work environment together with the ability to make a positive difference in the renewable energy sector.
Primary locations are Aberdeen, Montrose, Dundee, Fife or Fraserburgh but we also consider any of other Vestas locations in Scotland. In line with Vestas' quality, HSE and Operational procedures, you will work a Monday to Friday shift pattern, focussing on college learning and internal Vestas provided training and development tasks. We look forward to seeing your application as soon as possible, as interviews will be held on a regular basis. We do amend or withdraw our jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date. Please be advised to apply on or before the 21st of June 2023. All inquiries are treated confidentially.
Vestas is the energy industry’s global partner on sustainable energy solutions. We are specialised in designing, manufacturing, installing, and servicing wind turbines, both onshore and offshore.
Across the globe, we have installed more wind power than anyone else. We consider ourselves pioneers within the industry, as we continuously aim to design new solutions and technologies to create a more sustainable future for all of us. With more than 145 GW of wind power installed worldwide and 40+ years of experience in wind energy, we have an unmatched track record demonstrating our expertise within the field.
With 29,000 employees globally, we are a diverse team united by a common goal: to power the solution – today, tomorrow, and far into the future.
Vestas promotes a diverse workforce which embraces all social identities and is free of any discrimination. We commit to create and sustain an environment that acknowledges and harvests different experiences, skills, and perspectives. We also aim to give everyone equal access to opportunity.
To learn more about our company and life at Vestas, we invite you to visit our website at www.vestas.com and follow us on our social media channels. We also encourage you to join our Talent Universe to receive notifications on new and relevant postings.