Manufacturing and Global Procurement > COO NCE > Outbound Region 1
You will become part of the Vestas region Northern and Central Europe (NCE) Transport Execution, Outbound Region 1, covering UK, Ireland, Norway, Sweden, Finland, and Denmark. We manage the entire supply chain of our oversized turbine components from the manufacturing plant to project site, and we do the direct coordination of the regional part.
You will have the opportunity to work in an exciting industry, together with a team of highly motivated colleagues. We take pride in having open and informal culture, where teamwork and good communication is the key to our success. We believe in diversified and multi-cultured workforce which can enhance the overall performance of the team and our service to the customers.
You will have full ownership of the project transport budget as well as OTIF responsibility for the operation from worldwide origins up to site, through close communication with internal and external stakeholders and you will act as a single point of contact for transport in the project team.
You will be responsible for the following:
- Plan and execute main component transport E2E and delivery and return of required transport tools and transport equipment etc. through or in collaboration with cross-organizational internal, and various external stakeholders
- Support Transport Engineering &Transport Sales function and prepare Scope of Supply for the regional part
- Assess and comply with applicable Route Survey and execute required Road modifications
- Execute and coordinate port activities at the port of discharge and deliveries to site
- Identify, assess, and manage transport-related risks and opportunities throughout E2E
- Monitor deliveries and ensure operational and financial (E2E) reporting/weekly/monthly reporting in various systems and drive transport project-specific QHSE topics in collaboration with internal stakeholders
- Ensure compliance with Vestas processes and standards, including the correct usage of our Transport Management Systems (E2E)
- Education within the Transport or Supply Chain Management area, freight forwarding, or similar with +3 years of related experience
- Ideally you have an operational Project Freight Forwarding or Heavy Haulage trucking background. Over-sized/heavy/wind industry transport experience is preferred
- Solid IT skills (proficient with Microsoft Office Package, especially MS Excel and MS PowerPoint) and experience with IT ERP systems preferably SAP
- High proficiency in written and verbal English
- Experience in a large international diverse organization is an advantage
- Solid stakeholder management and communication skills, while possessing a collaborative and open-minded nature
- Combines an analytical mindset with a hands-on, action-oriented approach
- Ability to assess complex supply chain issues and understand the financial impact
- Result-oriented, innovative, and self-motivated
- Thrive in dynamic environments and exhibit flexibility in adapting to evolving conditions
- Embrace a commitment to continuous learning as well as a desire to contribute to the collective success of the team
What we offer
You will have the opportunity to work at the forefront of transport solutions for Vestas on, some of the largest and most complex projects in our industry. We are a team of skilled and committed colleagues who are all enthusiastic about wind energy. We have a good atmosphere within the department, and everyone is always prepared to help out when needed.
Position location – Aarhus Denmark
Your primary work location will be Aarhus, Denmark. Traveling activity to be in the range of 20-40 days per year, mainly within Europe
Application deadline: 20 March 2024. Applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis. We reserve the right to amend or withdraw this job post at any time before this date if circumstances require us to do so or if the right candidate is identified before.
Start date: ASAP or before/after mutual agreement
For additional information about this position, please contact Mia Bülow at +4526796183 during standard office hours UTC+ 01:00
Vestas is the energy industry’s global partner on sustainable energy solutions. We are specialised in designing, manufacturing, installing, and servicing wind turbines, both onshore and offshore.
Across the globe, we have installed more wind power than anyone else. We consider ourselves pioneers within the industry, as we continuously aim to design new solutions and technologies to create a more sustainable future for all of us. With more than 173 GW of wind power installed worldwide and 40+ years of experience in wind energy, we have an unmatched track record demonstrating our expertise within the field.
With 29,000 employees globally, we are a diverse team united by a common goal: to power the solution – today, tomorrow, and far into the future.
Vestas promotes a diverse workforce which embraces all social identities and is free of any discrimination. We commit to create and sustain an environment that acknowledges and harvests different experiences, skills, and perspectives. We also aim to give everyone equal access to opportunity.
To learn more about our company and life at Vestas, we invite you to visit our website at www.vestas.com and follow us on our social media channels. We also encourage you to join our Talent Universe to receive notifications on new and relevant postings.