Manufacturing and Global Procurement > Global Procurement > Raw Materials and Sustainability
Vestas Global Procurement is responsible for all procurement activities within Vestas, including leading cross-functional category teams, negotiations and contract management, development of end-2-end cost out initiatives, category strategy development, and supplier relationship management.
You will join a high-profile position with broad strategic exposure within Vestas. Your everyday activities will be characterized by a fast-paced environment and the requirement to engage in, manage and prioritize between multiple critical projects.
- This position is a rare opening - with high attention from senior management.
- You will be responsible for developing and executing the strategy of decarbonizing our Blade materials and supporting Vestas' ambitious scope 3 emissions reduction targets
- Lead the decarbonization efforts of the Blade materials and develop a supply chain for CO2-reduced blade materials in close collaboration with the Blades Procurement team
- Work closely with the Blades Procurement team in strategy development to ensure a strong Sustainability focus in the category and build a close relationship with the critical suppliers in the category to drive decarbonization efforts
- Become a change agent in relation to Sustainability topics for Blade Materials and take part in internal and external meetings to explain decarbonization efforts
- Building a strong network within Vestas, including close engagement with other colleagues from Global Procurement as well as colleagues from Group Sustainability, Quality, and Sales. Further, provide proactive stakeholder management, including executive management level stakeholders
As a Sustainability Specialist, you are expected to show the great example and challenge the organization in our ways of working. The right candidate for this role will have/be:
- 5-7 years of experience with strategic procurement of blade materials or other relevant background, combined with a degree in either Supply Chain Management, Sales/Marketing, Engineering, or similar
- Extensive track record of commodity management and sourcing strategy development in an industrial and international environment
- Excellent stakeholder management skills, with the confidence to engage with internal and external stakeholders on all levels of seniority
- Strong English written, verbal, and listening skills
- Advanced skills within PPT and Excel required
- Experience working across different cultures and regions
- Holistic and positive mindset: you are able to see the big picture from Vestas' product offerings towards customers and the ability to connect these to supplier offerings and how they can positively impact Vestas' sales and cost out programs
- Robust strategic and business acumen with customer focus and the ability to anticipate and deliver change
- Visionary change agent with the ability to bring people together, and to communicate efficiently with internal and external stakeholders from all seniority levels. Be a change agent who can influence, collaborate, and partner with business leaders to drive results for Vestas and drive change effectively
- Team player with an open approach to encourage stakeholder inputs, combined with structured and fact-based methods to secure value-adding ideas are prioritized and successfully implemented
- Can do attitude, with a process driven mindset and an inner drive to continuously improve
- Result-oriented profile with the capability to perform in a fast-paced environment
- In-depth knowledge of blade materials and can define the path of decarbonization
What we offer
We offer you an exciting and challenging job with excellent opportunities for professional and personal development within the leading company in the renewable energy industry. You will be provided with a unique opportunity to set your footprints within an essential area in Vestas. You will be an integral part of an international team, with a 'can-do' attitude and who are keen to make a difference.
Location: The position is based in Aarhus, Denmark- but with important stakeholders across the globe
Application Date – 12th of February, 2024. We reserve the right to take down the job ad before this date if the right candidate is identified before
Start Date –ASAP or after mutual agreement
Further Information - If you have any questions concerning this position, please reach out to Rasmus Boizas, Senior Manager Towers Materials at +4552157896
Vestas is the energy industry’s global partner on sustainable energy solutions. We are specialised in designing, manufacturing, installing, and servicing wind turbines, both onshore and offshore.
Across the globe, we have installed more wind power than anyone else. We consider ourselves pioneers within the industry, as we continuously aim to design new solutions and technologies to create a more sustainable future for all of us. With more than 145 GW of wind power installed worldwide and 40+ years of experience in wind energy, we have an unmatched track record demonstrating our expertise within the field.
With 29,000 employees globally, we are a diverse team united by a common goal: to power the solution – today, tomorrow, and far into the future.
Vestas promotes a diverse workforce which embraces all social identities and is free of any discrimination. We commit to create and sustain an environment that acknowledges and harvests different experiences, skills, and perspectives. We also aim to give everyone equal access to opportunity.
To learn more about our company and life at Vestas, we invite you to visit our website at www.vestas.com and follow us on our social media channels. We also encourage you to join our Talent Universe to receive notifications on new and relevant postings.