Supplier Quality and Development Specialist
5 days ago
Manufacturing and Global Procurement > Supplier QSE & Development> Towers
Vestas Supplier Quality and Development is a part of Global Procurement in Vestas. We implement Vestas quality processes at our suppliers with clear focus on ensuring "do it right first time". The global team is located in Denmark and Porto and we have a clear link to our regional peers. We build, coordinate, and promote the safety & quality strategy while not compromising on processes and the lowest total cost of ownership.
- Deploy the Vestas Quality, Safety, and Environment Strategy toward external manufacturers
- Assess and develop new offshore tower manufacturers
- Ensure compliance with customer requirements and participate in customer audits
- Secure design for manufacturing in collaboration with our development department
- Tower manufacturing SQD sub module lead
- Global supplier responsible
- Participate in towers manufacturing strategy development
- Welding engineer with solid experience
- Preferably NACE / FROSIO level III
- Preferably NDT level II
- Trained and practical knowledge of VDA 6.3
- Trained and practical knowledge of APQP4WIND
- Experience in similar role / relevant industry background
- Good problem-solving skills
- Proficient communication skills in English
- Ability to prioritize tasks and collaborate with others to achieve shared goals
- Critical thinking skills and ability to identify and deliver actionable solutions to complex problems
- Strong lateral leadership skills with the ability to work effectively with diverse stakeholders in multicultural environment
What we offer
We offer an exciting job with great opportunities to make a difference in a multicultural and international work environment with focus on psychological safety and work life balance as well as being part of the Vestas solution to solve the climate crisis. We highly value initiative, responsibility and the right balance between creativity and quality in all solutions. It is the policy Vestas to afford equal employment opportunity to all employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other class or status.
Location: DK, Aarhus or PT, Porto
You must expect 60-80 days of annual travel activity
For additional information, please contact Lisa Klausen, Global SQD Senior Manager Towers +4525121237
Applications are reviewed on an ongoing basis, however, please note we do amend or withdraw our jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date. Please be advised to apply on or before 23rd April 2023
Vestas is the energy industry’s global partner on sustainable energy solutions. We are specialised in designing, manufacturing, installing, and servicing wind turbines, both onshore and offshore.
Across the globe, we have installed more wind power than anyone else. We consider ourselves pioneers within the industry, as we continuously aim to design new solutions and technologies to create a more sustainable future for all of us. With more than 145 GW of wind power installed worldwide and 40+ years of experience in wind energy, we have an unmatched track record demonstrating our expertise within the field.
With 29,000 employees globally, we are a diverse team united by a common goal: to power the solution – today, tomorrow, and far into the future.
Vestas promotes a diverse workforce which embraces all social identities and is free of any discrimination. We commit to create and sustain an environment that acknowledges and harvests different experiences, skills, and perspectives. We also aim to give everyone equal access to opportunity.
To learn more about our company and life at Vestas, we invite you to visit our website at www.vestas.com and follow us on our social media channels. We also encourage you to join our Talent Universe to receive notifications on new and relevant postings.