Sub-Module Owner in Turbine Control Software (Safety Software)
9 days ago
Vestas Power Solutions is where new product ideas and technologies are developed, matured, tested, and improved. To put in short, Vestas Power Solutions is the cornerstone of Vestas - we are shaping the future of modern energy. The Turbine Control Software department within Vestas Power Solution, is the team guiding all Software development for Vestas Wind Turbines.
By encouraging a culture based on accountability, we give employees the chance to create meaningful, real-world impact through their work. We also cultivate employee performance and success by providing an inclusive, motivating environment with collaboration at its core. You will experience a team of great diversity within competencies, experience and nationality.
Vestas Wind Systems > Vestas Power Solutions > Applications, Control & Electrical > Turbine Control Software
Come and be part of the energy transition - Vestas products have until now enabled our customers to avoid 1.7 billion tons of carbon emissions. That’s massive!
If you feel inspired by developing Software solutions, have experience in Safety Software, like the opportunity of fully owning and entire part of the functionality for Vestas wind turbines, from development to life-cycle management, and find motivation in both people- and technical leadership in a complex business environment, then you may be the candidate we are looking for.
As part of Vestas' journey towards a modular product, the technology has created Modules and SubModules. Every Sub-Module owns and is fully responsible for a complete functional area of the wind turbine. Sub-module owners are critical to the organization as they are the people leading the development teams guiding those functional areas. This is a position of high responsibility, but also high impact, as SubModule owners are responsible not only for the development, but also for life-cycle management, strategy and roadmap of that functional domain.
The Safety Software Submodule sits within the Turbine SW Organization in Vestas. The Sub-Module is accountable for some of the most important functionalities of the wind turbine: the control of the safety systems, implementing and testing software based on requirements with the purpose of preventing turbine structural damage and personnel injuries, all carried out in close collaboration with mechanical stakeholders. The department consists of highly skilled, international, highly experienced engineers who are taking responsibility for all aspects of the Safety SW deliverables which are placed across Portugal, Denmark and India.
You will report to the VP of Turbine SW and will be responsible for both people leadership and the technical domain. More specifically, your responsibilities will cover
- Run the Sub-Module department and be line manager for the team members
- Be responsible for full life cycle involvement of all stakeholders for the Sub-Module as well as delivering the required solutions and documentation within the scope of the Sub Module
- Responsible for technical quality of the Sub Module deliverables and for delivering the module roadmap work-packages assigned to Sub Module
- Ownership of the full lifecycle of the Sub Module, including overview of support, service feedback, fleet performance, technical debt, etc
- Have a good understanding of the technical domain under your responsibility together with the architecture and context of the submodule
- Have, and define, a clear submodule roadmap, constraints and boundaries to optimize work and maximize reusability across wind turbine platforms
- You have experience in Safety SW, either from a wind turbine viewpoint, or from another industry and understand Agile software development framework and demonstrate experience in applying Agile/Scrum methodologies
- 3-5 years of experience working in Software, either in technical leadership or project leadership roles
- Demonstrated success in people leadership within software development domain
- You are innovative, costumer-oriented and have a keen sense of responsibility
- You can coordinate a team across different geographical locations (India, Portugal and Denmark)
- You can translate the business and department vision into your team goals and guide the department and team members to success and you actively & creatively encourage Turbine Control Software continuous improvement initiatives
- You have practical communication skills and are fluent in English, both written and spoken
- You can identify yourselves with the Vestas Values: Passion, Accountability, Collaboration and Simplicity
- Have a deep customer mindset.
- Ability to build trust in your employees and influence stakeholders by your behavior
- Driven by results and can get things done
- Open-minded and attracted by an international environment
- Ability to create an environment where team members can thrive and excel
- Solid leadership and communication skills and capable of acting as a motivator
What we offer
We offer an exciting job with great opportunities for professional and personal development in an inspiring environment at the energy industry's global partner on sustainable energy solutions. We value initiative, responsibility and the right balance between creativity and quality in all solutions. You will become part of a highly professional environment with a significant technical commitment. You will face a complex workday where you will direct various projects. Join Vestas and you will find yourself working in a spirit of worldwide collaboration while enjoying the knowledge that you are making a positive difference. You will become a part of a culture that pioneers a spirit of innovation in an international environment where you will contribute to shaping the future of offshore wind. You will have a variety of exciting tasks with ample opportunities for development. We practice leadership by intent and aim to empower our employees to take initiative and responsibility for the tasks given.
We offer you a job with full life cycle responsibility for an important part of the SW system, in a very adaptive team which will empower you to take your own decisions and implement your solutions. You will be able to build a large network across a large and truly global organization with excellent opportunities for cross disciplinary and personal development.
You will work with a purpose, clearly understanding the value of what you're delivering and how it's contributing to avoid climate change. The work environment is result-oriented, at a high professional level and with a strong technical commitment. You will work with a purpose, clearly understanding the value of what you're delivering and how it's contributing to avoid climate change. You will become part of a rapidly growing renewable business with an opportunity to contribute on the green energy transition.
We offer an exciting workplace with many and varied professional and personal development opportunities in an inspiring, international work environment with the leading wind turbine manufacturer. We value initiative, responsibility and the right balance between creativity and quality in all solutions. We offer an equal opportunity employment experience that values diversity and inclusion together with flexible working arrangements.
In this full time role, your primary work location will be our Danish HQ in Aarhus N, Hedeager 42 (3005), UK with up to 25 travel days per year.
Please be advised to apply on or before 19th March 2023. We reserve the right to amend or withdraw our jobs adverts at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Applications and CV’s in English are preferred.
Vestas is the energy industry’s global partner on sustainable energy solutions. We are specialised in designing, manufacturing, installing, and servicing wind turbines, both onshore and offshore.
Across the globe, we have installed more wind power than anyone else. We consider ourselves pioneers within the industry, as we continuously aim to design new solutions and technologies to create a more sustainable future for all of us. With more than 145 GW of wind power installed worldwide and 40+ years of experience in wind energy, we have an unmatched track record demonstrating our expertise within the field.
With 29,000 employees globally, we are a diverse team united by a common goal: to power the solution – today, tomorrow, and far into the future.
Vestas promotes a diverse workforce which embraces all social identities and is free of any discrimination. We commit to create and sustain an environment that acknowledges and harvests different experiences, skills, and perspectives. We also aim to give everyone equal access to opportunity.
To learn more about our company and life at Vestas, we invite you to visit our website at www.vestas.com and follow us on our social media channels. We also encourage you to join our Talent Universe to receive notifications on new and relevant postings.