Service > MPD > Service Turbine technology
As a Technical Module Lead for the hub area, you will be responsible for collaborating with key business stakeholders to monitor the performance of your technical area. You will ensure that design deliverables for Service are provided on time and of high quality, and help initiate needed activities to optimize the service of our Hub on new turbines. You will be the main bridge between the service business and the technology department (Vestas Power Solutions) where you will secure that a consolidated service voice is brought into new product development. You will translate technical and commercial requirements into new product development, drive Service cost reduction initiatives, and steer a team of Hub Service stakeholders located between R&D, Service, and quality insurance, to ensure that all value chain areas have a voice in the design of our Hub.
As a Technical Module Lead for the HUB area, you will be responsible for:
- Owning technical components within the respective module and monitoring them
- Being the single point of contact towards the design module, driving a Service Module Team with value chain members and representing Service as the Technology lead towards the technology department
- Bringing state-of-the-art module knowledge into new and existing product requirements
- Maintaining module service cost overview and aligning with service pre-calculations
- Bringing and developing ideas to a variety of roadmaps (Technology, Cost out, Maintenance, etc.)
- Supporting Platform and design owners by translating commercial requirements into technical specifications and reporting on module performance
- Staying updated on service technologies by understanding the competitor landscape and exploring new industry technologies
- Master or bachelor degree in relevant area i.e. mechanical engineering or marine engineering
- Minimum of 5 years of working experience working with wind turbine Hubs or the like
- Operational experience will be an advantage, especially within hydraulics
- You are a highly effective communicator with good stakeholder management and customer skills
- You are self-sufficient and have a proactive and pragmatic approach to new tasks
- You have a natural understanding of innovation, and you thrive with varied tasks and diverse assignments
- You take responsibility for your technical area and the quality of it, to support the decision making
- You have a vast hands-on experience with product, technology development, and Service technical support
- You come with service operation knowledge and a good understanding of the commercial service business where balancing of product quality, lifetime, cost, and customer needs are vital
What we offer
In a fast-growing Service business, you will find yourself in an exciting job with motivated and skilled colleagues. You will experience professional workforce and a 'people first' attitude within an inclusive work environment where diversity, inclusiveness, flexibility, and work-life balance are highly valued.
We offer a healthy work environment focused on development with equal opportunities and responsibilities towards employees regardless of their diversity makeup. We appreciate a flat hierarchy structure where we also can have a lot of fun together.
In our team, we are committed to our professionalism and work with grand respect for our colleagues and stakeholders. We value trust and transparency, knowledge sharing with each other to achieve our vision and to support and develop each other. Besides that we also like to enjoy ourselves, sharing laughs and supporting each other.
Location: Aarhus, Denmark or Porto, Portual.
Application deadline: Applications are handled on an ongoing basis. Please apply online on or before the March 1st, 2024. We do amend or withdraw our jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Start date: May 1st, 2024, but we are willing to be reach an agreement that suit your needs.
Vestas is the energy industry’s global partner on sustainable energy solutions. We are specialised in designing, manufacturing, installing, and servicing wind turbines, both onshore and offshore.
Across the globe, we have installed more wind power than anyone else. We consider ourselves pioneers within the industry, as we continuously aim to design new solutions and technologies to create a more sustainable future for all of us. With more than 173 GW of wind power installed worldwide and 40+ years of experience in wind energy, we have an unmatched track record demonstrating our expertise within the field.
With 29,000 employees globally, we are a diverse team united by a common goal: to power the solution – today, tomorrow, and far into the future.
Vestas promotes a diverse workforce which embraces all social identities and is free of any discrimination. We commit to create and sustain an environment that acknowledges and harvests different experiences, skills, and perspectives. We also aim to give everyone equal access to opportunity.
To learn more about our company and life at Vestas, we invite you to visit our website at www.vestas.com and follow us on our social media channels. We also encourage you to join our Talent Universe to receive notifications on new and relevant postings.