Service > MPD > Service Turbine technology
As our fervent Module Technology Lead for the Control Hardware area, you will be an important part of collaborating with key business stakeholders in monitoring performance of your technical area, ensuring design deliverables for Service are provided on time and of high quality, and helping to initiate needed activities to optimize the service of our CHWs on new turbines.
You will be the main bridge between the service business and the technology department (Vestas Power Solutions) where you through collaboration shall secure that a consolidated service voice is brought into new product development. You will be translating technical and commercial requirements into new product development, driving Service cost reduction initiatives, and steering a team of Nacelle Service stakeholders located between R&D, Service, and quality insurance, to ensure that all value chain areas have a voice in the design of our CHW.
- Technical ownership of components within the respective module. Monitoring components and act as single point of contact towards the design module
- Represent Service as the Technology lead towards the technology department. Bring state of the art module knowledge into new and existing product requirements
- Maintain module service cost overview and align with service pre calculations
- Drive a Service Module Team with service value chain members to collect a common voice of the service business into VPS
- Responsible for bringing & developing ideas to a variety of roadmaps. (Technology, Cost out, maintenance, etc.)
- Supporting Platform owners and design owners, by translating commercial requirements into technical specifications and reporting on module performance
- Stay updated on service technologies by understanding the competitor landscape and by exploring new industry technologies
- Engineering degree in relevant area or electrician, electronics engineer combined with wind turbine application experience
- Minimum of 5 years of working experience working with wind turbine Control Hardwares.
- Operational experience
- You are a highly effective communicator, excited about collaboration, and have a solution-oriented attitude
- You are self-driven, customer oriented (mainly internal), proactive and have a pragmatic approach to new tasks. You are result oriented and can plan your own time within your module
- You have a natural understanding of innovation, and you thrive with varied tasks and diverse assignments. It´s important that you have overall turbine knowledge to support you when collaborating with other modules
- You are able to take design responsibility and secure the right level of engineering to support the decisions made
- You have a vast hands-on experience with product, technology development, and Service technical support
- You come with service operation knowledge and a good understanding of the commercial service business where balancing of product quality, lifetime, cost, and customer needs are vital
What we offer
In a fast-growing Service business, you will find yourself in an exciting job with motivated and skilled colleagues. You will experience professional workforce and a 'people first' attitude within an inclusive work environment where diversity, inclusiveness, flexibility, and work-life balance are highly valued.
We offer a healthy work environment focused on development with equal opportunities and responsibilities towards employees regardless of their diversity makeup. We appreciate a flat hierarchy structure where we also can have a lot of fun together.
In our team, we are committed to our professionalism and work with grand respect for our colleagues and stakeholders. We value trust and transparency, knowledge sharing with each other to achieve our vision and to support and develop each other. Besides that we also like to enjoy ourselves, sharing laughs and supporting each other.
Location: Aarhus, Denmark or Porto, Portual.
Application deadline: Applications are handled on an ongoing basis. Please apply online on or before the February 23rd, 2024. We do amend or withdraw our jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Start date: 1st of March 2023, but we are willing to be reach an agreement that suit your needs.
Vestas is the energy industry’s global partner on sustainable energy solutions. We are specialised in designing, manufacturing, installing, and servicing wind turbines, both onshore and offshore.
Across the globe, we have installed more wind power than anyone else. We consider ourselves pioneers within the industry, as we continuously aim to design new solutions and technologies to create a more sustainable future for all of us. With more than 145 GW of wind power installed worldwide and 40+ years of experience in wind energy, we have an unmatched track record demonstrating our expertise within the field.
With 29,000 employees globally, we are a diverse team united by a common goal: to power the solution – today, tomorrow, and far into the future.
Vestas promotes a diverse workforce which embraces all social identities and is free of any discrimination. We commit to create and sustain an environment that acknowledges and harvests different experiences, skills, and perspectives. We also aim to give everyone equal access to opportunity.
To learn more about our company and life at Vestas, we invite you to visit our website at www.vestas.com and follow us on our social media channels. We also encourage you to join our Talent Universe to receive notifications on new and relevant postings.