Join our team of skilled engineers at Vestas and have an important role in delivering sustainable solutions. As a Nacelle Cover Submodule Specialist, you'll make a difference in optimizing wind turbine technology. Seize this opportunity to make a lasting impact and contribute to a greener world with us.
Power Solutions > Aerodynamic & Mechanical > Cover
Vestas Power Solutions (VPS) is where new product ideas are developed, matured, improved, and tested. Within Vestas Power Solutions (VPS), you'll find our department, Cover, as part of Aerodynamic & Mechanical.
Our department comprises of 10 highly skilled structural and mechanical engineers proficient in Finite Element Analysis (FEA) and Computer-Aided Design (CAD), as well as technical leads. Their primary responsibilities encompass overseeing the development of new products, overseeing turbine operations, and ensuring the technical quality of sub-modules across all product variations.
As a part of the team, your responsibilities will involve:
- Develop Nacelle Cover Submodule strategy, roadmap, and performance steps
- Support Nacelle Cover Submodule requirements and align them with technical management
- Maintain a roadmap for continuous improvements in Nacelle cover design
- Ensure up-to-date and certified design guidelines, processes, and tools
- Evaluate the impact of Nacelle Supplier proposals within the functional area
- Approve Nacelle Covers Design Reviews and Peer Reviews for cost and quality
- Monitor, update, and actively participate in industry standards and guidelines through standards committees
We are seeking an ideal candidate with the following qualifications:
- A bachelor’s or master's degree in Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Material Science, or related field.
- Proven experience in developing functional area roadmaps for continuous improvements
- Proficiency in product requirement management
- Experience in conducting Finite Element Analysis (FEA)
We see the ideal candidate possessing the following
- Comprehensive understanding of nacelle cover design, materials, and structural analysis for optimal performance
- Expertise in composite materials and their suitability for diverse environmental conditions
- Familiarity with various manufacturing methods to ensure production efficiency
- Awareness of industry standards and regulations for compliance and safety
- Strong decision-making skills for navigating technical challenges and task prioritization
- Effective collaboration across departments to integrate nacelle covers within wind turbine systems
- Innovative mindset, problem-solving ability, and strategic alignment to drive performance and competitiveness
What we offer
Join us in a role that immerses you in the development of new products and enhancements for Vestas, contributing to a more sustainable future. Here, you'll have the opportunity to regularly suggest innovative ideas aimed at leaving your mark on enhancing product cost-efficiency and engineering processes. Embrace the vibrant spirit and positive outlook of our diverse, multicultural team—a community you'll undoubtedly appreciate being a part of.
Your work location will be our office in either Aarhus (Denmark), Porto (Portugal) or Chennai (India).
Up to 20 days of travel per year.
We do amend or withdraw our jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date. Please be advised to apply on or before 06/10/2023.
Vestas is the energy industry’s global partner on sustainable energy solutions. We are specialised in designing, manufacturing, installing, and servicing wind turbines, both onshore and offshore.
Across the globe, we have installed more wind power than anyone else. We consider ourselves pioneers within the industry, as we continuously aim to design new solutions and technologies to create a more sustainable future for all of us. With more than 145 GW of wind power installed worldwide and 40+ years of experience in wind energy, we have an unmatched track record demonstrating our expertise within the field.
With 29,000 employees globally, we are a diverse team united by a common goal: to power the solution – today, tomorrow, and far into the future.
Vestas promotes a diverse workforce which embraces all social identities and is free of any discrimination. We commit to create and sustain an environment that acknowledges and harvests different experiences, skills, and perspectives. We also aim to give everyone equal access to opportunity.
To learn more about our company and life at Vestas, we invite you to visit our website at www.vestas.com and follow us on our social media channels. We also encourage you to join our Talent Universe to receive notifications on new and relevant postings.