Apply now for a rewarding opportunity to make a significant impact in the renewable energy industry.
Power Solutions > Aerodynamic & Mechanical > Modularised Nacelle
Vestas Power Solutions (VPS) is where new product ideas are developed, matured, improved, and tested. Within Vestas Power Solutions (VPS), you'll find our department, Modularized Nacelle, as part of Aerodynamic & Mechanical. Our department, Modularised Nacelle, has sites in Denmark, Portugal, and India.
Your focus will be on designing and optimising the components we develop, with tasks varying in complexity. Here is an overview of what your typical workflow might entail:
- Collaborating with relevant stakeholders to clarify design requirements
- Defining and designing interfaces to integrate with other systems. Creating design specifications and requirements, starting from the top-level specification down to the building block level
- Incorporating value chain perspective into the design functionality
- Ensuring design performance and reliability, including estimating the lifetime of the design based on data
- Assessing and managing risks and safety associated with the design
- Collaborating with experts from other engineering disciplines, such as structures, electrical, loads, and control
- Creating and maintaining comprehensive documentation for the design
- To address the ongoing challenge of designing increasingly larger and more complex wind turbine structures within tighter time and cost constraints, we expect you to bring a spirit of innovation and a healthy skepticism towards our planning and execution methods
- Above all, we value teamwork, and you will be an integral part of our unit. We encourage you to actively share knowledge, celebrate successes, and learn from failures as we work together towards our goals
- M.Sc. or Ph.D. in Mechanical Engineering, Structural Engineering, or related field
- Minimum of 10 years of relevant experience
- Design and development of dynamic mechanical systems
- Conducting Finite Element Analysis (FEA) using tools like Ansys
- Proficiency in coding with scripting languages (Python or MATLAB)
- Good understanding of static and dynamic behavior of mechanical steel structures
- Systems Engineering, manufacturing welded or bolted solutions, proficiency in NDT methods (UT, VT, MT). (Beneficial)
- Experience in wind turbine design and third-party certification. (Beneficial)
- Proficiency in modular product development and project management
- Attention to detail in software tool utilisation and workflow processes
- Ability to devise innovative solutions for analysis challenges, introducing new tools and processes
- Creative mindset for solving complex engineering problems
- Good communication skills in English, both written and spoken, for engaging with stakeholders
- Motivated and clear sense of responsibility
- Familiarity with Agile development methodologies (e.g., SCRUM) and proficiency in JIRA
- Background in project management or business education/experience in large corporate organisations
What we offer
Join our team and experience a working culture that is friendly and informal, yet focused and well-defined. We highly value collaboration, transparency, and maintaining a healthy work-life balance. We take pride in our team members and provide an environment where you will collaborate with highly skilled colleagues, fostering inspiration. Being part of a leading global organisation, we offer ample opportunities for professional and personal growth. You will receive an attractive compensation package tailored to your qualifications and the requirements of the position. Lastly, by joining us, you will contribute to addressing one of the most significant global challenges of our time - creating a future that relies on sustainable and clean energy.
Our preferred work location for this role is our office in Aarhus, Denmark
Up to 20 travel days per year.
For additional information about the position, please contact Monjurul Leo Karim (Submodule owner - Modularised Nacelle) at +45 52157871.
Please be advised to apply on or before 11/08/2023
We do amend or withdraw our jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Vestas is the energy industry’s global partner on sustainable energy solutions. We are specialised in designing, manufacturing, installing, and servicing wind turbines, both onshore and offshore.
Across the globe, we have installed more wind power than anyone else. We consider ourselves pioneers within the industry, as we continuously aim to design new solutions and technologies to create a more sustainable future for all of us. With more than 145 GW of wind power installed worldwide and 40+ years of experience in wind energy, we have an unmatched track record demonstrating our expertise within the field.
With 29,000 employees globally, we are a diverse team united by a common goal: to power the solution – today, tomorrow, and far into the future.
Vestas promotes a diverse workforce which embraces all social identities and is free of any discrimination. We commit to create and sustain an environment that acknowledges and harvests different experiences, skills, and perspectives. We also aim to give everyone equal access to opportunity.
To learn more about our company and life at Vestas, we invite you to visit our website at www.vestas.com and follow us on our social media channels. We also encourage you to join our Talent Universe to receive notifications on new and relevant postings.