Do you feel satisfaction seeing what you’ve developed running in the real world?
Does working with renewable energy and the green transition excite you?
Vestas > Vestas Power Solutions > Applications, Controls & Electrical > Turbine Control Software > Safety Hydraulics & Operator
The Safety Hydraulics & Operator department is responsible for ensuring the complete end-to-end design of safety-critical software functions. Based on system-level functional safety requirements from stakeholders, we identify the safety software functions needed as well as any supporting control functions, determine the architecture required to support this, design the software requirements according to the safety integrity level required, perform the implementation, perform testing at multiple levels including hardware in the loop and in wind turbine prototypes and provide diagnostics and field support to service personnel. We implement and test safety-critical software in the ANSYS SCADE environment, and control functionality in C++ and MATLAB Simulink.
The department consists of 10+ people possessing of a broad range of competencies within functional safety, product knowledge, software development and other areas. Daily work is performed in scrum teams, and we work with a continuous improvement mindset focusing on automation of work processes.
As a software engineer focusing on control functionality in C++ in our team, you will be responsible for developing software for safety functions in Vestas products that integrates well with our safety-critical functions across various wind turbine models.
This work includes but is not limited to the following activities
- Analysis and breakdown of system requirements in software requirements
- Design and implementation of software for distributed control systems using C++ and possibly other languages
- Software test in various environments, including PC-based simulators, hardware-in-the-loop test rigs, and actual wind turbines
- Debugging and support of field issues found in software by our service technicians
- Generation of documentation artifacts
- Development and maintenance of the software development setup and of the software tool chain
- M.Sc. (or higher) in control engineering, software engineering, electronics engineering, or similar education
- 3+ years of industry experience within embedded software development, including C++
- Experience with scripting and software development tool chains
- Advanced English writing and verbal communication skills
- Preferably, you are no stranger to electrical and hydraulic system
- Some experience with MATLAB Simulink is also advantageous
- You have a structured approach to daily work and have an eye for detail
- You are willing to openly share results and challenges, and work with your own development
What we offer
We offer an opportunity to be part of a world-class company in an exciting business with a very comprehensive product range. You will be part of a project-oriented team with very competent colleagues in an inspiring work environment. You will be offered an attractive compensation package based on your qualifications and the demands of this position. You will be part of an international organization, having opportunities to grow and develop on the job, both professionally and personally.
We value high curiosity, open communication and creative thinkers who know how to stand up and be counted.
In this full time role, your primary work location will be our Danish HQ in Aarhus N, Hedeager 42 (3005) with up to 20 travel days per year.
Please be advised to apply on or before 23rd September 2023. We reserve the right to amend or withdraw our jobs adverts at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
We look forward to receiving your application as soon as possible, as we will be reviewing applications continuously as we receive them. To apply for this opportunity, please submit your resumé in English.
Vestas is the energy industry’s global partner on sustainable energy solutions. We are specialised in designing, manufacturing, installing, and servicing wind turbines, both onshore and offshore.
Across the globe, we have installed more wind power than anyone else. We consider ourselves pioneers within the industry, as we continuously aim to design new solutions and technologies to create a more sustainable future for all of us. With more than 145 GW of wind power installed worldwide and 40+ years of experience in wind energy, we have an unmatched track record demonstrating our expertise within the field.
With 29,000 employees globally, we are a diverse team united by a common goal: to power the solution – today, tomorrow, and far into the future.
Vestas promotes a diverse workforce which embraces all social identities and is free of any discrimination. We commit to create and sustain an environment that acknowledges and harvests different experiences, skills, and perspectives. We also aim to give everyone equal access to opportunity.
To learn more about our company and life at Vestas, we invite you to visit our website at www.vestas.com and follow us on our social media channels. We also encourage you to join our Talent Universe to receive notifications on new and relevant postings.