Manufacturing and Global Procurement > Global Manufacturing > Software
The Software team develop & design software solutions for Vestas production test equipment globally. Our software enables automatic production-testing of multiple systems in the turbines such as electronics, converters, panels, hubs and nacelles.
We develop the centralized backend systems that collect and store data as well as keep track of software versions and configurations. We participate in turbine platform projects, contributing with development of communication drivers towards turbine control systems and Third-Party supplier hardware. Furthermore, we put high focus to the continuous development of our software platform - covering client applications, backend systems and our ongoing Azure cloud migration project.
- Contribute with communication driver development towards turbine and industrial hardware
- Maintaining and troubleshooting on hardware drivers and software issues
- Participate in the continuous development of our software platform, and backend systems
- Ensure collection and extraction of test data to be used in test reports, quality reports etc.
- Participate in SCRUM and project meetings
We are looking for a dedicated software developer, who has natural interest within hardware and electronics. You can be newly educated or you might already have relevant experience.
- We expect a profile that has a technical background with focus on programming. (e.g., a degree from an Engineering College or a University.)
- Solid experience with hands-on development in C# and .NET
- Experience with networking and industrial communication protocols
- Experience with WPF, Web development frameworks, MsSQL
- Experience with Web-services/ Windows Services and Azure cloud platform is welcomed
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English
It is vital that you show good communication and collaboration skills as you will interact with a wide range of stakeholders. The ideal candidate possesses the following personality and competencies:
- Self-motivated and a great colleague
- Enthusiastic personality and a sense of humor
- High degree of flexibility and can work with no supervision.
- Relevant experience from development projects and experience with project teams
What we offer
- Challenging workplace with professional and personal development opportunities
- Inspiring international work environment with a global wind turbine manufacturer
- Informal working environment where professional skills can be developed and enhanced
- Competitive benefits package
10 days of travel activity must be expected.
Work location: Aarhus Denmark
Application date: 5 March 2024. We reserve the right to take down the job ad before this date if the right candidate is identified before.
Start date: ASAP or after mutual agreement.
For additional questions please reach out to the Hiring Manager Allan Pedersen at +45 22 74 30 93
Vestas is the energy industry’s global partner on sustainable energy solutions. We are specialised in designing, manufacturing, installing, and servicing wind turbines, both onshore and offshore.
Across the globe, we have installed more wind power than anyone else. We consider ourselves pioneers within the industry, as we continuously aim to design new solutions and technologies to create a more sustainable future for all of us. With more than 173 GW of wind power installed worldwide and 40+ years of experience in wind energy, we have an unmatched track record demonstrating our expertise within the field.
With 29,000 employees globally, we are a diverse team united by a common goal: to power the solution – today, tomorrow, and far into the future.
Vestas promotes a diverse workforce which embraces all social identities and is free of any discrimination. We commit to create and sustain an environment that acknowledges and harvests different experiences, skills, and perspectives. We also aim to give everyone equal access to opportunity.
To learn more about our company and life at Vestas, we invite you to visit our website at www.vestas.com and follow us on our social media channels. We also encourage you to join our Talent Universe to receive notifications on new and relevant postings.