Senior QA Engineer
15 days ago
Vestas Power Solutions is where new product ideas and technologies are developed, matured, tested, and improved. To put in short, Vestas Power Solutions is the cornerstone of Vestas - we are shaping the future of modern energy. The Turbine Control Software department within Vestas Power Solution, is the team guiding all Software development for Vestas Wind Turbines.
By encouraging a culture based on accountability, we give employees the chance to create meaningful, real-world impact through their work. We also cultivate employee performance and growth by providing an inclusive, motivating environment with collaboration at its core. You will experience a team of great diversity within competencies, experience and nationality.
Vestas Wind Systems > Vestas Power Solutions > Applications, Control & Electrical > Control Hardware > Hydraulics & Yaw
Come and be part of the energy transition - Vestas products have until now enabled our customers to avoid 1.7 billion tons of carbon emissions.
If you feel inspired by developing Software solutions, have experience in Turbine Software, like the opportunity of developing and improving the quality of an entire part of the functionality for Vestas wind turbines, then you may be the candidate we are looking for. You'll be part of the Hydraulics & Yaw department, that is delivering software solutions for hydraulics and yaw mechanical systems.
- Meeting with the software design team to discuss verification protocols
- Understanding the requirements to our software from the mechanical systems
- Identifying software application weaknesses and target areas and sketching out ideas for automated software test procedures
- Reviewing software bug reports and highlighting problem areas and writing automation scripts and implementing software applications
- Troubleshooting automation software and finalizing system procedures
- Identifying quality issues and creating test reports
- Collaborating with the design team to solve application faults
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, software engineering, or a similar field
- Previous experience working as a QA automation engineer
- Advanced programming skills including automation systems and databases
- You have great communication skills and are fluent in English, both written and spoken
- You have the aspiration and proactiveness to learn about wind turbine design processes from a software engineering perspective, and you have a continuous improvement mindset
- You have advanced (written and verbal) communication skills and are fluent in English
- Familiarity with programming script languages - Python, VBSscript
- Familiarity with mechanical systems, or curiosity to learn and understand how they work
- Deep analysis skills and high attention to detail
- Detailed knowledge of application functions, bug fixing, and testing protocols
What we offer
We offer you a job with full life cycle responsibility for an important part of the SW system, in a very adaptive team which will empower you to take your own decisions and implement your solutions, and where safety and quality are in focus.
You will be able to build a large network across a large and truly global organization with significant opportunities for cross disciplinary and personal development. The work environment is result-oriented, at a high professional level and with a skilled technical commitment.
You will work with a purpose, clearly understanding the value of what you're delivering and how it's contributing to avoid climate change.
In this full time role, your primary work location will be either our Danish HQ in Aarhus N, Hedeager 42 (3005), OR in Porto, Portugal with up to 25 travel days per year.
Please be advised to apply on or before 5th April 2023. We reserve the right to amend or withdraw our jobs adverts at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Applications and CV’s in English are preferred.
Vestas is the energy industry’s global partner on sustainable energy solutions. We are specialised in designing, manufacturing, installing, and servicing wind turbines, both onshore and offshore.
Across the globe, we have installed more wind power than anyone else. We consider ourselves pioneers within the industry, as we continuously aim to design new solutions and technologies to create a more sustainable future for all of us. With more than 145 GW of wind power installed worldwide and 40+ years of experience in wind energy, we have an unmatched track record demonstrating our expertise within the field.
With 29,000 employees globally, we are a diverse team united by a common goal: to power the solution – today, tomorrow, and far into the future.
Vestas promotes a diverse workforce which embraces all social identities and is free of any discrimination. We commit to create and sustain an environment that acknowledges and harvests different experiences, skills, and perspectives. We also aim to give everyone equal access to opportunity.
To learn more about our company and life at Vestas, we invite you to visit our website at www.vestas.com and follow us on our social media channels. We also encourage you to join our Talent Universe to receive notifications on new and relevant postings.