Senior Program Manager
16 days ago
Power Solutions > Applications, Controls, & Electrical > Release Management
Vestas Power Solutions (VPS) is where new product ideas are developed, matured, improved, and tested. Within VPS you’ll find Release Management that is part of the Applications, Controls & Electrical (ACE) product development organization encapsulating the IT/OT/data capabilities and future digital technology roadmaps for Vestas' products.
You will be part of a global team consisting of Project Managers, Release Managers, Test Managers, Integrators and DevOps Engineers that collaborate closely to mature our capabilities within Continuous Integration, Continuous Testing, Continuous Delivery and Continuous Deployment. The team consists of 29 people and are located in both Aarhus, Denmark and Porto, Portugal.
Your primary task will be leading a key strategic quality initiative in ACE that spans across multiple modules and several sub-initiatives. Your role will be to advance the initiatives forward, ensuring concrete plans for achieving goals and ensuring alignment across the organization. You will be working closely with Tech Leads for each of the initiatives and ensure that key stakeholders are updated on progress and challenges.
- Lead and facilitate the planning on strategic projects
- Organizing steerco meetings and ensure alignment across the organization
- Communicate & report progress to various stakeholders
- Coordinate resources and prioritizations in alignment with line management and stakeholders
- Handle project challenges with employees and stakeholders
- A relevant education. At least 5 years of experience working with Project and/or Program Management in a relevant context
- Relevant project management certifications (PRINCE2, PMI etc.) will be an advantage
- Fundamental understanding of Software Quality Assurance and DevOps Practices and Principles
- You possess fluent English communication skills both oral and in written
- You can lead by intent, with clear framing of goals for internal and external employees
- You are process-oriented and a skilled stakeholder manager
- You have solid communication skills that enable you to convey issues to management and stakeholders in a convincing and concise manner
- You can influence others outside of own job area on policies, practices, and procedures
What we offer
We offer you an exciting possibility to set new standards for how we work with software quality, which is business critical to Vestas. You will have many interested and supportive parties across a large true global organization, which have been consolidated and streamlined over the past few years. You will have excellent opportunities for cross disciplinary and personal development. Vestas is growing and developing, and we want you to grow with us.
Your work location will be our office in Aarhus, Denmark. You may have up to 10 travel days a year. Please be advised to apply on or before 19 June 2023. We do amend or withdraw our jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date. For additional information about the position please contact Kasper G. Kristensen, Head of Release Management, at +45 5226 1222
Vestas is the energy industry’s global partner on sustainable energy solutions. We are specialised in designing, manufacturing, installing, and servicing wind turbines, both onshore and offshore.
Across the globe, we have installed more wind power than anyone else. We consider ourselves pioneers within the industry, as we continuously aim to design new solutions and technologies to create a more sustainable future for all of us. With more than 145 GW of wind power installed worldwide and 40+ years of experience in wind energy, we have an unmatched track record demonstrating our expertise within the field.
With 29,000 employees globally, we are a diverse team united by a common goal: to power the solution – today, tomorrow, and far into the future.
Vestas promotes a diverse workforce which embraces all social identities and is free of any discrimination. We commit to create and sustain an environment that acknowledges and harvests different experiences, skills, and perspectives. We also aim to give everyone equal access to opportunity.
To learn more about our company and life at Vestas, we invite you to visit our website at www.vestas.com and follow us on our social media channels. We also encourage you to join our Talent Universe to receive notifications on new and relevant postings.