Manufacturing and Global Procurement > Global Procurement > Global Indirect Procurement
Vestas Global Procurement is an award-winning best in class Procurement function within the world’s leading OEM for sustainable and renewable energy solutions. We are overall responsible for all Procurement activities within Vestas, including leading global and cross-functional teams, developing and implementing commodity strategies across modules creating and capturing end-to-end value, supplier relationship management and supplier account management, performance metrics monitoring and development.
This role will work closely with senior leaders across the company to understand business needs, develop medium to long term procurement strategy that align with the company's overall business strategy and ensure a sustainable, scalable and high performing supply base that will enable end-to-end value creation.
This role will contribute to the development and delivery of a global portfolio of onshore and offshore wind infrastructure projects, from supply and installation only to full turnkey projects. With a scope of over EUR 1bn annual spend, predominantly consisting of Cranes, Installation Services and Balance of Plant (e.g. civil works and material, electrical works and equipment). This role will be expected to develop, lead and coach a global team owning and leading the development and implementation of commodity strategies. These commodity strategies shall enable profitable onshore wind growth, global expansion of offshore wind, and new renewable energy solutions through supplier engagement and collaboration, and development of partnerships.
- Lead the Global Construction Procurement team of 45+ people in a global matrix organization, consisting of global and regional team members with solid- and dotted- reporting lines, and foster a culture of collaboration
- Transform the Construction Procurement function to best-in-class level of value creation, by developing organizational capabilities and establishing a fit-for-purpose operating model enabling cross-functional collaboration and value creation, as part of an overarching Global Procurement transformation program
- Guide your management team and ensure development and implementation of global commodity strategies across modules and sub-modules, through cross-functional commodity teams, in order to create and capture end-to-end value
- Take supplier relationship management to the next level, unlocking full value chain optimization opportunities in collaboration with suppliers and partners
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders, including suppliers and partners, to ensure effective strategy development and execution
- Extensive Procurement experience or extensive experience in Project Management and in delivering a portfolio of infrastructure projects
- Extensive leadership experience, leading cross-functional teams, stakeholders, and leading culturally diverse teams in various positions
- You are a leader who lives for developing your employees as well as the business, all at the same time
- You are a leader who sets a direction for where you want to take the team as well as the business, who can create strategies and has passion and mindset to see them through
- Skilled theoretical background within Procurement, Engineering, Finance
- Proven people leadership skills, developing leaders, developing an inclusive workplace where people thrive and want to stay
- Open-minded and end-to-end value chain mindset
- Excellent analytical and communication skills
- Great interpersonal skills
- Stakeholder Management is in your DNA and creating business relationships both internally and externally comes naturally to you
- Proven change management skills
We offer an exciting job with great opportunities for development in an inspiring environment at the world's leading wind turbine producer. We value initiative, responsibility and accuracy. You will become part of an international environment with a good development commitment and colleagues that take care of each other.
Vestas is the energy industry’s global partner on sustainable energy solutions. We are specialised in designing, manufacturing, installing, and servicing wind turbines, both onshore and offshore.
Across the globe, we have installed more wind power than anyone else. We consider ourselves pioneers within the industry, as we continuously aim to design new solutions and technologies to create a more sustainable future for all of us. With more than 145 GW of wind power installed worldwide and 40+ years of experience in wind energy, we have an unmatched track record demonstrating our expertise within the field.
With 29,000 employees globally, we are a diverse team united by a common goal: to power the solution – today, tomorrow, and far into the future.
Vestas promotes a diverse workforce which embraces all social identities and is free of any discrimination. We commit to create and sustain an environment that acknowledges and harvests different experiences, skills, and perspectives. We also aim to give everyone equal access to opportunity.
To learn more about our company and life at Vestas, we invite you to visit our website at www.vestas.com and follow us on our social media channels. We also encourage you to join our Talent Universe to receive notifications on new and relevant postings.