Vestas Wind Systems > Vestas Power Solutions > Product Solutions & Integration > Loads & Control Technical Management
Vestas Power Solutions is where new product ideas are developed, matured, improved, and tested. To put it short, we are shaping the future of modern energy and we operate on a global scale with more than 1,300 employees.
As a part of Vestas Power Solutions, the Product Solutions & Integration (PS&I) organization is responsible for designing the product architecture and product roadmaps in response to market roadmap requirements, translate product architecture and roadmap into module requirements, and full Value Chain Integration.
As a part of PS&I, Loads & Control (LaC) department is a global organization and one of the key areas in shaping the products of the future. In close corporation with our internal product owner, we balance the trade-offs between power production and loading of our turbines, developing the most progressive new products introduced to the market.
Loads & Control Technical Management is small team setting the technical strategic direction for the area and are accountable for the quality.
Your main responsibilities as Senior Functional Lead for LaC power curve and warranty are:
- Ensure the technical risk model is updated according to project risk profile and fleet performance
- Responsibility for the power performance governance and the associated design guidelines
- Update and maintain overview of roadmap for the power curve warranty function area and set requirements to sub-function
- Subject matter expert on power curves and engage with customers and 3rd party advisors on power curve related matters
- Define the standardization strategy within the power curve area and product requirements for power curve verifications
- A Ph.D. or M.Sc. within control, civil or mechanical engineering combined with 7+ years' experience within the wind industry
- Proven track-record of product design and engagement with customers on power curve related matters
- Experience in guiding engineers to effective project execution
- Experienced and highly skilled in controller design for mechanical systems
- Deep knowledge of power curve design process, model limitations and associated uncertainties
- High level of integrity and advanced communication and presentation skill (ability to convert technical details into VPS Mgt. understanding)
As Senior Specialist you will have technical leadership capabilities, and it is expected that you:
- Actively guide improving processes and moving status quo within the area
- Can guide engineering solutions within the area
- Are effective in managing multiple stakeholders at various levels in the organization
- Are pragmatic, quality conscious, result-oriented and task focused
- Have a creative approach to problem solving
- Can create success through others and coordinate change management processes
- Collaborate and share knowledge with colleagues and stakeholders
What we offer
We offer an opportunity to be part of a collaborative team in an exciting business with great products, supporting Vestas' overall mission. The working environment in Loads & Control is informal but with clear direction.
You will be part of an effective matrix organization which has a split between line management, technical leadership, and project execution.
Come join us and you will be part of an international organization with opportunities to grow and develop in the job - both professionally and personally.
In this permanent full time role your primary work location will be our Danish HQ, Aarhus N, Hedeager 42 (3005) with up to 25 travel days per year.
Please be advised to apply on or before 19th October 2023. We reserve the right to amend or withdraw our jobs adverts at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Applications and CV’s in English are preferred.
Vestas is the energy industry’s global partner on sustainable energy solutions. We are specialised in designing, manufacturing, installing, and servicing wind turbines, both onshore and offshore.
Across the globe, we have installed more wind power than anyone else. We consider ourselves pioneers within the industry, as we continuously aim to design new solutions and technologies to create a more sustainable future for all of us. With more than 145 GW of wind power installed worldwide and 40+ years of experience in wind energy, we have an unmatched track record demonstrating our expertise within the field.
With 29,000 employees globally, we are a diverse team united by a common goal: to power the solution – today, tomorrow, and far into the future.
Vestas promotes a diverse workforce which embraces all social identities and is free of any discrimination. We commit to create and sustain an environment that acknowledges and harvests different experiences, skills, and perspectives. We also aim to give everyone equal access to opportunity.
To learn more about our company and life at Vestas, we invite you to visit our website at www.vestas.com and follow us on our social media channels. We also encourage you to join our Talent Universe to receive notifications on new and relevant postings.