18 days ago
The Offshore Plant Engineer Operations department is currently expanding, and we are looking for new colleagues. If you are interested in powering the solution for a more sustainable future using your SCADA skills in a specialist position, then have a look at this opportunity.
EVP Area Region NCE – SBU NCE Service – Offshore Plant Engineering
Plant Engineering Operations is a part of Service NCE (Northern & Central Europe) and supports the organization in the installation and service of a great number of offshore SCADA systems controlling medium and large-sized wind power plants.Our responsability is to turn a cluster of wind turbines into a power plant according to contractual and regional requirements. Our customers can mainly be found among larger power supply companies and professional investors.
- Design and implement SCADA systems for offshore wind power plants, including hardware and software components, communication interfaces, operational control philosophy and HMIs
- Responsible for installation, commissioning and testing of SCADA and power plant control systems at the substation(s) according to project layout and contract
- Responsible for supporting the integration of external WTG systems, 3rd party interfaces and communication systems into the overall SCADA system
- Act as direct interface between the SCADA project and the R&D department with requests, requirements, and review of development projects
- Ensure the SCADA system meets the contractual requirements and handle sign-off of FAT and SAT with stakeholders in accordance with the overall project plan
- Handle customer communication regarding SCADA systems, including answering technical queries, providing technical support, and resolving issues or concerns
- Management of SCADA scope deliveries in cooperation with the SCADA PM and Construction project team
- Several years of practical experience with implementation and installation of SCADA technologies
- Practical knowledge of VMware virtualization products and Microsoft based server and database technologies
- Experience with industrial communication protocols for data and command exchange, e.g. OPC-UA, IEC61850, IEC60870, IEC61400-25, Modbus or other relevant industrial communication protocols
- Technical knowledge within areas of industrial automation and PLC/RTU technology
- Knowledge and experience with design and implementation of SCADA and industrial control systems
- Knowledge and experience creating and maintaining technical documentation for SCADA, network, process control and data exchange related installations
- Fluency in English
- Control engineering, marine engineering or electrical engineering experience based on both theoretical and practical background
- Knowledge of project management tools e.g. Gantt chart, risk management, etc.
- Enthusiasm for communication infrastructure technologies
- Role model within the group, with the ability to support and motivate others while contributing to a great team
- Great stakeholder management and interpersonal skills with both technical and non-technical groups
- Ability to work both individually and as part of a team, managing multiple projects and deadlines
- Working experience with JIRA, but this is not a requirement
What we offer
We offer an exciting job with great opportunities for professional and personal development in an inspiring and diverse work environment within the energy industry's global partner on sustainable energy solutions. We value initiative, responsibility, involvement and the right balance between creativity and quality in all solutions. You will become part of a highly professional environment with a significant technical commitment and lots of passion. Vestas is growing and developing, and we want you to grow with us.
We see a great value if you are close to the business in one of our offices from from Aarhus, Denmark, Husum or Hamburg, Germany. If the above match your skills and interest apply no later than 03.04.2023. Please note: We do amend or withdraw our jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Vestas is the energy industry’s global partner on sustainable energy solutions. We are specialised in designing, manufacturing, installing, and servicing wind turbines, both onshore and offshore.
Across the globe, we have installed more wind power than anyone else. We consider ourselves pioneers within the industry, as we continuously aim to design new solutions and technologies to create a more sustainable future for all of us. With more than 145 GW of wind power installed worldwide and 40+ years of experience in wind energy, we have an unmatched track record demonstrating our expertise within the field.
With 29,000 employees globally, we are a diverse team united by a common goal: to power the solution – today, tomorrow, and far into the future.
Vestas promotes a diverse workforce which embraces all social identities and is free of any discrimination. We commit to create and sustain an environment that acknowledges and harvests different experiences, skills, and perspectives. We also aim to give everyone equal access to opportunity.
To learn more about our company and life at Vestas, we invite you to visit our website at www.vestas.com and follow us on our social media channels. We also encourage you to join our Talent Universe to receive notifications on new and relevant postings.