Pitch System Engineer
26 days ago
Are you excited about designing innovative and sustainable energy solutions?
We are seeking a creative and experienced Mechanical Engineer to contribute to the development and design of accumulator and cylinder systems. As a key member of our team, you will apply your deep understanding of accumulator and cylinder design principles to real-world engineering problems. If you have an interest sustainable energy and a talent for mechanical engineering, we want to hear from you!
Support us in solving one of the most important global issues of our time and ensure a more sustainable future for all.
Join us now!
Power Solutions > Aerodynamic & Mechanical > Pitch Actuation
Vestas Power Solutions (VPS) is where new product ideas are developed, matured, improved, and tested. Within Vestas Power Solutions (VPS), you'll find our department, Pitch Actuation, as part of Aerodynamic & Mechanical function.
The pitch actuation team is a group of 13 employees and 11 external consultants located in DK, PT, and IN. The team is primarily consists of engineers with various specialties, including mechanical engineering and software engineering. Despite being dispersed across different locations, the team operates as an international family, supporting and developing each other. As part of this team, you will work closely with us to design, develop, test, and debug accumulator and cylinder systems.
Your main responsibilities and tasks will be:
- Designing and developing accumulator and cylinder systems based on technical specifications and requirements
- Developing detailed mechanical designs and proposing innovative ideas for integrating cylinders and accumulators
- Supporting the FEA experts in stress analysis and simulation using FEA tools to ensure product reliability and safety
- Collaborating with cross-functional teams, including R&D, manufacturing, and service, to ensure successful product development and launch
- Participating in prototype testing and analysis to evaluate product performance and identify opportunities for improvement
Your qualifications include:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s in Mechanical Engineering or in a related field
- 3+ years of experience in the design and development of accumulator and cylinder systems
- Knowledge of CAD software such as Creo
- Knowledge of FEA tools such as ANSYS
- Knowledge of industry standards and regulations related to hydraulic accumulator and cylinder design
- Knowledge of system engineering tools like DFMEA, HSE assessments, requirement specifications etc.
We see the ideal candidate possessing the following personality and competencies:
- Good written and verbal communication skills in English to effectively communicate with team members and stakeholders
- Problem-solving and creative skills to develop innovative solutions for complex engineering problems
- Ability to work efficiently and collaboratively as part of a team to achieve project goals and deadlines
- Good understanding of business and value chain to contribute to the development of commercially successful products
What we offer
We offer an exciting job that presents great prospects for personal and professional growth within an inspiring environment at the forefront of sustainable energy solutions in the energy industry. We highly esteem quality, initiative, responsibility, and creativity in all our solutions. As a part of our team, you will work in a highly professional setting with a profound technical commitment. You will have the opportunity to collaborate with professionals worldwide and contribute to making a positive difference. Come join us and be a part of something bigger.
Your work location will be our office in Aarhus, Denmark.
Other possible locations include Porto, Portugal.
For additional information about the position please contact Kris Grysbæk Riisager, Sub Module Owner-Pitch Actuation, +45 5221 1127.
Up to 20 travel days per year.
Please be advised to apply on or before 02/06/2023.
We do amend or withdraw our jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Vestas is the energy industry’s global partner on sustainable energy solutions. We are specialised in designing, manufacturing, installing, and servicing wind turbines, both onshore and offshore.
Across the globe, we have installed more wind power than anyone else. We consider ourselves pioneers within the industry, as we continuously aim to design new solutions and technologies to create a more sustainable future for all of us. With more than 145 GW of wind power installed worldwide and 40+ years of experience in wind energy, we have an unmatched track record demonstrating our expertise within the field.
With 29,000 employees globally, we are a diverse team united by a common goal: to power the solution – today, tomorrow, and far into the future.
Vestas promotes a diverse workforce which embraces all social identities and is free of any discrimination. We commit to create and sustain an environment that acknowledges and harvests different experiences, skills, and perspectives. We also aim to give everyone equal access to opportunity.
To learn more about our company and life at Vestas, we invite you to visit our website at www.vestas.com and follow us on our social media channels. We also encourage you to join our Talent Universe to receive notifications on new and relevant postings.