20 days ago
Manufacturing and Global Procurement > Global PE Assembly> NPI Engineering
NPI Engineering, within Global Production Engineering Assembly, is responsible for launching new products into our manufacturing area, covering generator, nacelle, hub, and drivetrain.
Our team is working very closely in the area between design and production, ensuring safe launch of new products, by being early engaged in the design with requirements and providing early inputs for design for Assembly (DfA). Furthermore, we are also ensuring that engineering change management (ECM) is done in a safe, high-quality way to ensure our continuous ability to operate by reviewing and interacting with the design changes being brought forward.
The department is primarily focusing on development activities in Denmark but is interfacing in a global environment having production facilities across the globe, where support can be needed.
Your tasks will vary in complexity and nature but will mostly focus on electrical expertise in how a new design and product can be produced in an optimal way including:
- Clarifying design and interface requirements with all relevant stakeholders
- Ensure timely, high-quality inputs to designers, generic and detailed.
- Lead Design for assembly (DfA) between production and design.
- Deliver activities and tasks for NPI (new product introduction) projects
- Be part of sub-module cross functional teams
- Responsible for technical solutions review (design and systemic approach) of change notifications before implementation
- You have an engineering degree within electrical field or other relevant education, combined with solid experience within either design, production, or other relevant areas
- You have a good broad technical foundation, and the ability to pick up new knowledge fast
- We prefer experience within other large corporate organizations
- You are disciplined with respect to structures and agreements.
- You keep deadlines and have quality in focus.
- You are able to speak up if something is not right!
- You take the ownership and drive changes if needed.
- You question the way we work and direct the change if needed.
- You have a good understanding of complex organizational setups, to efficiently communicate with your colleagues and relevant stakeholders
- You have good communication skills and are fluent in English (speaking and writing) as well as Danish
In our team you can expect to find a working culture that is friendly and informal, but with clear motivation and ambitions. We place a solid emphasis on co-operation, transparency, and a healthy work/life balance. We take pride in each-other and, as such, you can expect to work with very skilled colleagues in an inspiring work environment where collaboration and enthusiasm are the key motivation factors in our daily work - both internally in the team but also with the rest of our stakeholders. As part of a global, high-quality organization, we also offer opportunities to grow and develop, both professionally and personally.
Location: DK, Aarhus
Expected travel approximately 30 days annually
For additional information, please contact Pey Yen Siew, Lead Manager +49 171 8678 738
Applications are reviewed on an ongoing basis, however, please note we do amend or withdraw our jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date. Please be advised to apply on or before 2nd April 2023.
Vestas is the energy industry’s global partner on sustainable energy solutions. We are specialised in designing, manufacturing, installing, and servicing wind turbines, both onshore and offshore.
Across the globe, we have installed more wind power than anyone else. We consider ourselves pioneers within the industry, as we continuously aim to design new solutions and technologies to create a more sustainable future for all of us. With more than 145 GW of wind power installed worldwide and 40+ years of experience in wind energy, we have an unmatched track record demonstrating our expertise within the field.
With 29,000 employees globally, we are a diverse team united by a common goal: to power the solution – today, tomorrow, and far into the future.
Vestas promotes a diverse workforce which embraces all social identities and is free of any discrimination. We commit to create and sustain an environment that acknowledges and harvests different experiences, skills, and perspectives. We also aim to give everyone equal access to opportunity.
To learn more about our company and life at Vestas, we invite you to visit our website at www.vestas.com and follow us on our social media channels. We also encourage you to join our Talent Universe to receive notifications on new and relevant postings.