Are you ready to shape the future of sustainable energy with us?
Join Vestas today!
Power Solutions > Product Solutions & Integration > Product Transport, Construction & Maintenance (TCM)
Vestas Power Solutions (VPS) is where new product ideas are developed, matured, improved, and tested. Within Vestas Power Solutions (VPS), you'll find our department, Product TCM, as part of Applications, Product Solutions & Integration.
Vestas holds a prominent position in the offshore sector and anticipates further growth in this vast potential. Consequently, we are enhancing the Offshore Knowledge and Experience within the TCM team.
In your role as a Subject Matter Expert, your primary responsibility will be to provide internal support and knowledge sharing to our specialists and engineers within the TCM team. Additionally, you will take on the role of a Technical Lead for various tasks.
Other responsibilities include:
- Take on the role of a Technical Lead for offshore solutions, tools, and processes
- Provide support to the organization both internally and externally in dealings with stakeholders. Influence and interpret external standards and legislation to shape corresponding internal requirements for Vestas
- Collaborate with stakeholders to define product-level and associated module-level requirements
- Create guidelines to assist modules in designing cost-effective solutions that adhere to external standards. Support WTG verification and engage in efforts to address any non-compliance issues
- Coach and mentor designers in the development of cost-efficient, compliant solutions using expert knowledge, know-how, external competencies, and standardized test methods. Develop guidelines for design verification and the necessary documentation for component and system design and verification
- Identify product risks within your functional area and report them in the Wind Turbine Generator (WTG) Failure Modes and Effects Analysis (FMEA)
- Serve as the point of contact between suppliers and Vestas in tools development projects
- A bachelor’s or master's degree in mechanical engineering, marine engineering, or similar studies
- Prior experience in the wind industry
- Prior experience as a Technical Lead
- Experience in Transport, Construction, and Maintenance (Preferred)
- Experience in the offshore sector, which may include the Wind, Oil, and Gas industries
- Familiarity with floating and welded structures (Beneficial)
- Proficiency in design and design processes, encompassing activities such as requirement setting, system design, test specifications, test execution, test reporting, root cause analysis, and certification
- Possess substantial technical expertise within the relevant field
- Demonstrate a forward-thinking and ambitious mindset
- Excel in maintaining relationships with stakeholders
- Self-motivated while actively contributing as a team player
- Exhibit good communication skills in English, both written and verbal, suitable for all levels of interaction
- Capable of working and navigating efficiently within a large, diverse international organization
- Possess a strategic mindset combined with a hands-on, action-oriented ability
What we offer
We offer a very exciting career opportunity in a flat, multi-cultural and ever-growing organization focusing on reaching world class results. You will get a high level of responsibility as well as
inspiring colleagues and a committed manager who encourages you to grow. You will be directly involved and direct the development of a core product which is of outmost importance to our customers and the global transition to renewable energy. With 29,000 employees globally, we are a diverse team united by a common goal: to power the solution - today, tomorrow, and far into the future.
Join us in the fight for a more sustainable world.
Your work location will be our office in Aarhus, Denmark.
Up to 15 days of travel per year.
For additional information about the position please contact Tina Ahlmann Molin, Head of Product TCM, at +45 6150 5030.
We do amend or withdraw our jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date. Please be advised to apply on or before 8/12/2023.
Vestas is the energy industry’s global partner on sustainable energy solutions. We are specialised in designing, manufacturing, installing, and servicing wind turbines, both onshore and offshore.
Across the globe, we have installed more wind power than anyone else. We consider ourselves pioneers within the industry, as we continuously aim to design new solutions and technologies to create a more sustainable future for all of us. With more than 145 GW of wind power installed worldwide and 40+ years of experience in wind energy, we have an unmatched track record demonstrating our expertise within the field.
With 29,000 employees globally, we are a diverse team united by a common goal: to power the solution – today, tomorrow, and far into the future.
Vestas promotes a diverse workforce which embraces all social identities and is free of any discrimination. We commit to create and sustain an environment that acknowledges and harvests different experiences, skills, and perspectives. We also aim to give everyone equal access to opportunity.
To learn more about our company and life at Vestas, we invite you to visit our website at www.vestas.com and follow us on our social media channels. We also encourage you to join our Talent Universe to receive notifications on new and relevant postings.