Digital Solutions & Development > Digital Solutions > Digital Core Infrastructure & Network
Core Infrastructure & Network is part of Digital Technology Solutions reporting to the CIO of Vestas, where we are end-to-end responsible for our enterprise network setup on everything from network design and development over complex network engineering to daily operation. We develop and deliver strategies, roadmaps, portfolios through both business case and technology demand driven approach to ensure a continuation and modernization of Vestas Core Infrastructure.
We have a vision of providing seamless and secure global network services, even ahead of business needs. A highly trusted, secure and well-designed network infrastructure is key for this vision. As a Network Engineer, you will bring your knowledge of networks, components, services and overlay coding into play in both working with high level platform strategies and roadmaps, technical design, test of new implementations and the ongoing engineering to mature and maintain our existing platforms and services.
You will join in the ‘Access’ Chapter under Network Connectivity which is a team that defines strategies, roadmaps, portfolios and budgets to facilitate the continued development and modernization of the network infrastructure (WAN, LAN, WIFI, Security, overlay etc.). You will have a wide scope ranging from capturing requirements from business users, troubleshooting, and deployment of network configuration together in cooperation with operations on anything from small office sites to large construction, pre-assembly and factory sites all around the world.
Our main responsibility is to keep Vestas a market innovator by enabling the business with the best and most innovative network services to support the needs at all levels of the organization. Your responsibility is to become a domain expert in developing, test and deploying services to meet agreed business needs. Infrastructure design and roll out for our factories and R&D centers globally is a key responsibility. Furthermore, engage in ongoing system maintenance; escalated operational issues, SW release guidelines, vulnerability audits, change audits, maintenance of standards and config templates etc. You are also expected to bring your insight and creativity on network designs, opportunities, and technology in your domain into roadmaps, designs and Network Access Services ensuring us being ahead of Business needs.
In our strategy timeframe we will continue a high focus on network automation & orchestration for all parts of our network while building a world class network covering all parts of Vestas, incl. challenging areas such as Offshore and very remote locations. For our high priority sites such as factories there will be a very high focus on meeting their requirements to succeed with digitalization of the production, including focus on Wireless coverage, network segmentation, IoT & OT support.
- 2-4 years of experience working with development and support of large networks.
- Networking Certifications or formal education such as a Bachelor or Master degree in IT, engineering, science is good to have
- We are in progress of integrating Cisco DNA center closer into our infrastructure so expert competence in this domain is advantageous.
- Our global branch office and DC networks are Cisco based, hence experience working with Cisco equipment such as ISR4xxx, C2960X, C4500X, ASR1009, C9x00. is expected, at both design and hands-on levels. Wireless competences is advantageous.
- Knowledge about with Network Automation using Python, Ansible or comparable protocols will be a benefit and interest is a prerequisite.
- Knowledge about 802.1X configuration is good to have
- We work as a team, and as a team we will achieve our goals, you therefore need to enjoy collaboration with many stakeholders and productize global network solutions that are scalable and operational providing seamless and secure global network services for Vestas.
- We have a customer centric approach with focus on business continuity. This means our solutions requires high quality and are seamlessly anchored between our architects and operations (DevOps) with continuous feedback and improvement being a key competence.
- You are reliable as a person, both regarding your working habits - being committed and systematic - and towards your colleagues asking for your expert consultancy.
- Infrastructure projects are critical path for our huge site investments and hence delivery to plans is crucial.
- You insist on automating and standardizing where possible; Basic network protocols as OSPF, BGP, EIGRP, DMVPN and IPSEC are your native language and OSI upper layer services are your favorite heritage. Experience with network automation is advantageous.
What we offer
We offer the opportunity to be part of the transformation of a global network infrastructure, where you will interact with (and visit) colleagues in Digital Solutions, business units and outsourcing partners around the world. Overall, we offer a platform for your career development, while developing our Network Services.
This role is based in either Aarhus,Denmark.
Some travel activities are accepted and will be around 20-40 days/year.
We do amend or withdraw our jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date. Please be advised to apply on or before 27th of August 2023.
You do not need to attach a cover letter to your application, but please include a few sentences about why you are applying in your CV.
For further information please contact Ravi Bedadi, Senior Recruiter.
Vestas is the energy industry’s global partner on sustainable energy solutions. We are specialised in designing, manufacturing, installing, and servicing wind turbines, both onshore and offshore.
Across the globe, we have installed more wind power than anyone else. We consider ourselves pioneers within the industry, as we continuously aim to design new solutions and technologies to create a more sustainable future for all of us. With more than 145 GW of wind power installed worldwide and 40+ years of experience in wind energy, we have an unmatched track record demonstrating our expertise within the field.
With 29,000 employees globally, we are a diverse team united by a common goal: to power the solution – today, tomorrow, and far into the future.
Vestas promotes a diverse workforce which embraces all social identities and is free of any discrimination. We commit to create and sustain an environment that acknowledges and harvests different experiences, skills, and perspectives. We also aim to give everyone equal access to opportunity.
To learn more about our company and life at Vestas, we invite you to visit our website at www.vestas.com and follow us on our social media channels. We also encourage you to join our Talent Universe to receive notifications on new and relevant postings.